US Roaster Corp Mini Rev 1kg

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
briankim

#1: Post by briankim »

http://dailycoffeenews.com/2017/05/18/u ... s-service/

Does anyone have more information about this roaster, like pricing and when it will be available for purchase?

avid

#2: Post by avid »

Thanks for the link. The forthcoming one pound Micro Rev roaster sounds interesting.

Edit: I realized I was far to restrained in my initial response. I want one! :lol:

caffeinatedjen
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by caffeinatedjen »

This sounds good to me too! I wonder how hard it would be to transition from a Behmor.

avid

#4: Post by avid replying to caffeinatedjen »

Probably going to be a learning curve, for sure. I roast mostly by smell, sound and time with my Behmor. I am looking forward to actually having some idea of BT and an Artisan graph would be ground breaking. The two sticking points for me are the size and price. The options for the next step up from roasting appliances tend to be huge, expensive and/or kludgy or have a dismally small capacity.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#5: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

They still don't have information on their website. I got a flyer from them and the electric version is 12,950.

Here is what the flyer says -

Vent-less Design! Zero smoke! Low CO-2 Low exhaust heat! Changeable Drums, Wireless
And Very Much More!

Roaster Features Auto Profiling, just about anyone can roast great coffee! Or Cacao, or just about anything roast-able with full auto control.
New model offered will start cooling and feature and discharge coffee.
Wireless connections and the Roaster can share roasts with other Roasters on the Cloud!

Features: 100% quality manufactured in the USA. The Heavy gauge value. BEST IN ITS CLASS, Easiest to service and learn to roast on!
Another 1ST for us! Extreme energy Saver "Green Machine", Intelligent and Smokeless
operation with adjustable Recirculation! No other Roaster even comes close in roast quality. NOT JUST AN AIR ROASTER provides the drum contact heat flavor your customer love and can be adjusted for more hot air as needed!
Frame, Steel Body, hand crafted heavy-duty stainless steel Drum, Stainless Product contact, Stainless
Cooler is easy to clean and can be removed without tools for cleaning, Drum is easy to remove and

clean also! includes external chaff collector/cyclone. Low temperature exhaust for increased safety! Our highly skilled craftsman install heavy gauge Steel tubing on our design. Uses an intelligent design that self-adjusts to the amount of suction you need for perfect roasting and cooling. Easiest to operate, and maintain of any roaster! No chains or belts, four roasts per hour. You do not have to let the coffee cool with water in the drum like others for better taste!
Control system 508a ULc listed control easy and simple no computers or tech needed to trouble shoot or repair with our intelligent design. (In development is a replaceable profile package that will cost less than the motor and drive system that over designed systems have chosen.) The Mini features a Servo Drive adjustable stirring cooler as for the auto system. You will get the same control and better coffee with the Mini as it's a modular in design saving you money but providing the best in coffee flavor!
All US made 208-240 volt Features Two Heating paths, "not just an air roaster"! You can taste the difference catalytic system lowers Nox oxide flavor that other roasters have that recirculate and no water = better coffee.
Burner system is simple, reliable and adjustable with dual path heating for low oxygen environment for more flavorful beans for your cup or your customers as desired. Can be ordered total Electric or gas.
Includes training at our location on the operation and use of the roaster one-on-one.
UL. Listed (CE is coming) Industrial duty 508-A electrical controls and AGA/FM listed Gas train. We provide free one-on-one training at no charge in OKC.
Contact us for information on Commercial models. Starts, $12,950.00 electric $13,995.00 gas Hybrid Full Manual Machine coming will still provide data logging interface, Hand crank Cooler! $11,950

BTU'S approximately 7,000 (averages 5,000 full load) gas or Electric Heating is fully adjustable 30 amps 220 single phase. All local codes to be followed on install.

Features and considerations.

Provides what you and your customers want. Your customers want and buy Organic, Free trade and other Earth Friendly products; most are also concerned about pollution and the environment. Be the first in your market to do something to show them you care too! You need to be prepared to stay in business with higher energy costs that will continue to rise. Equipment that requires less time to operate and maintain will save costs also. The total electric unit is designed to be able to operate with no stack.

• Dual Heating Paths, Convection heating by air and direct heating though heat transfer though the drum, adjustable to operator's needs.
• Roasters recirculation based on clean heated air coming back into the roast chamber, this prevents the dirty flat musty flavor of conventional recirculating systems! No Computer programing needed! Why make simple complicated!
• Allows control of the oxygen level in air stream during roasting. Many find that the coffee from revelation roasters has better uniformity with fewer defects from scotching and tipping then conventional roasters. Coffee stays roaster fresh longer

with this method.
• Afterburner not needed, Save the environment tons of toxic chemicals and gases per year. Be an Earth Friendly Roaster and do the right thing while you save money. It is getting a blessing for doing the right thing. Uses less energy than any other roaster for a cleaner world and more flavorful products.
• Quality and long life of your investment with heavy gauge metal and no need for water quench. CE is available for over Export and other Voltages.
• Heavy gauge Stainless Steel Roasting Drum and Cooler for long life.
• Lower Heating and cooling costs in roasting room due to less make up air needs.
• Face the challenges that declining energy availability, which is causing, climate change, and environment decay today. Be a friend to the environment
• How much will you be saving when fuel costs more-than triple again in the next ten years? The operational costs of an old fashioned roasting system could be putting you out of business instead of just eating your bottom line.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

briankim (original poster)

#6: Post by briankim (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:They still don't have information on their website. I got a flyer from them and the electric version is 12,950.
Thanks for the update!!
The pricing is way higher than what I would have liked but the smokeless design is very interesting.

aecletec

#7: Post by aecletec »

Interesting idea but the marketing is a bit much... 20-30 amps for a 1 kilo roaster is low energy requirement? I have it on good authority that the North uses just under 20 amps and my 2 kilo FZ-94 runs on less than 16amp...