Aeropress Upgrade

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Simon345

#1: Post by Simon345 »

I have always used paper filters but want to try metal. What is considered to be a good metal filter to use?

SlowRain

#2: Post by SlowRain »

I have the Kaffeologie S Filter. I bought it a couple years ago, and it's still going. Mine is 43 microns, but it appears they now have one that's 61 microns, which is even finer.

MB

#3: Post by MB »

I have the Able Brewing DISK Coffee Filter, which works well.
LMWDP #472

Simon345 (original poster)

#4: Post by Simon345 (original poster) »

Do most people go for the finest mesh available or no?

Also, my workflow is based around espresso grind- is the metal filter going to work with a grind that fine?

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Nunas »

Also, my workflow is based around espresso grind- is the metal filter going to work with a grind that fine?
Yes, I use my espresso grinder and both metal and paper filters...works fine.

DavidMLewis

#6: Post by DavidMLewis »

Simon345 wrote:I have always used paper filters but want to try metal. What is considered to be a good metal filter to use?
I would add the Kohi Labs filter to the list. It has no outer ring, which makes it require slightly more careful handling, but the coffee is excellent. All the metal filters will give you a more full flavor, since you're getting the oils. Where they differ is the amount of body and sediment. The Kohi Labs is on the fine end of the spectrum, so you really don't see any significant sediment, but the body might be a bit less than something like the Able.

Best,
David