Artisan graph issues - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mj05

#11: Post by mj05 »

SJM wrote:Jack, do you have anything at all on the Alarms page?
There have been several recent gremlins located there....even things the owners were sure they had not put there.
So...just take a look to see if maybe there is an order that would explain yours....
No, I don't....

MaKoMo

#12: Post by MaKoMo »

Artisan v1.0 introduced min/max limits for the RoR (-25 to 25C/min) to clean the graph from some mess resulting from signal drops and noise. Your regular RoR after drop seems to exceed this limit. You work with a strong heater! In Artisan v1.1, very soon to be released, those limits will be relaxed and made user configurable. This should resolve your issue.

rmongiovi

#13: Post by rmongiovi »

After I updated to 1.0 I started experiencing a problem with both the ET and BT ROR lines. About a minute after I press start the ROR values and graph drop out for 15 seconds or so and then return to normal. This is before I charge with beans. The actual ET and BT values keep going steadily up as the roaster (a hottop 2K+) heats up, but the ROR values go negative. After I end the roast and it replots the graph that part is just missing.

I compensate by pressing start more than a minute before I charge with beans so that the dropout isn't in a part of the graph I care about, but it makes me curious about what strange and wondrous things are going on in the depths of Artisan....

MaKoMo

#14: Post by MaKoMo replying to rmongiovi »

Should be fixed by Artisan v1.1, released today.

rmongiovi

#15: Post by rmongiovi »

I did my first roast with 1.1 today. Unfortunately, the dropout is still there. About 35 seconds after I press the start button the delta graphs start dropping. They go negative and then recover completely by about 55 seconds after pressing start.

MaKoMo

#16: Post by MaKoMo »

I asked you before by PM to send me one of those profiles to analyse, but you did not respond.

vladp

#17: Post by vladp »

Guys,
I use Artisan 1.1.0 on a Mac with OS Sierra 10.12.12.
No idea why, but newly, the real time graph during roasting is not displayed at all. Also, when I open a .alog roast file, the displayed graph is empty (nothing is displayed). I did not use Artisan during the past two weeks, however the MAC OS was a few times automatically updated...

Anyone has an idea where to look, how to fix?
Thanks a lot,
Vlad

vladp

#18: Post by vladp »

Fortunately I found an image of Artisan 1.0.0 (6) - I installed it and everything is OK, besides the fact that I lost two hours to understand what's going on and fix, instead to roast a nice Ethiopia Sidamo. But I a am happy that I could fix.

LCProaster

#19: Post by LCProaster »

Hey. Im having problems with my power and fan events in artisan using a hottop 2k+. Artisan will show power and fan changes but only in 100% increments. If i chang power or fan from 100 to say 80% it shows my power or fan going from 100 to 0% and vise versa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SJM

#20: Post by SJM »

Screen shots of the applicable pages in Artisan would help.