NEW Nuova Simonelli G60 Grinder - Page 3

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Charlene

#21: Post by Charlene »

redbone wrote:I believe Nuova Simonelli owns Eureka. Are there any similarities with any of the direct Eureka branded grinders ? Here in Canada I see both Nuova Simonelli and Eureka grinders but have also seen Nuova Simonelli Eureka grinders branded as a complete name.
Hi Redbone,

Have not been successful in finding citations showing a business relationship between NS and Eureka, the grinder company.

What I did find was similarity of parts used for operator control and display. Some of the Eureka grinders I saw appear to have the same blue-lit operator interface that is on my NS G60 grinder.

BTW, the epiphany hit me last evening... the espresso grinder is, by far, the most important component in an espresso set up. It is the violin that makes the music. I consider myself fortunate to have picked out a worthy grinder before learning how to dial one in and doing taste based grinder adjustments. Learning to tune & adjust the taste of what's in the cup is revealing the grinder's true power and importance. wow...

emagguy

#22: Post by emagguy »

Hi

I believe NS now owns Eureka as you see from the older models Eureka grinders are in it...

http://www.nuovadistribution.com/older_models.html

Still interested in the grinder though ... =)

Advertisement
chriscoffee (original poster)
Sponsor

#23: Post by chriscoffee (original poster) »

Charlene wrote:I bought the NS G60 grinder from you in late November and have used it daily.

I'm relatively new to the barista craft but know excellent espresso when I taste it.
Using it, I have brewed some of the best espresso I've ever tasted going back 20 years.

I would buy it again knowing much more now about the barista craft than I did then.
It is providing consistent excellent grinds and is very precise in grind adjustment.

Did a choke test with it on my espresso machine and it indeed choked, and no where near the finest grind setting.

It is also one of the most elegant & beautiful espresso grinders I've seen. It is simply beautiful.
Proud to have it next to my espresso machine. Not kidding.

Mark me down as a very happy G60 owner.

Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you're enjoying the grinder!
Chris Nachtrieb
Pres. Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

rickatwood

#24: Post by rickatwood »

Adding to an older post, there is so little written about this new grinder, I decided to take a leap of faith based on what I did read. I was originally considering a few more 'hardcore' type grinders, with price tags to match. This G60 however has proved to be the perfect home grinder for me. Its gorgeous to look at, its very fast, doesn't spray or make a mess, and i get a great result in the cup. Once dialed in, its numerical adjustment knob makes it easy to remember what each coffees settings are, at least as a starting point. Setting the timed dose for a single or double is easy and very very straightforward, with 1/10th second increments. I could not be happier, and can't fathom whatever additional quality I may get from grinders costing a lot more couldn't be that huge. I would buy again in a heartbeat, and buying from Chris was easy and shipped next day (as did my LM Linea Mini). I think for a lot of people, it really could be the perfect solution, Nuova Distribution just needs to actually market it as such!

BeerCan

#25: Post by BeerCan »

Would anyone on here have an opinion on this grinder vs the Eureka Atom? Both are n my short list. Thanks

r7

#26: Post by r7 »

It seems to me that the Eureka Zenith 65e would be a logical comparison. For about an additional $100 you can get the G60's bigger better brother.

Here is a link that shows the N-S line of grinders:

http://www.nuovadistribution.com/GrinderSelect.html

The N-S MDJ appears to be the functional equivalent of the Eureka Zenith 75e and the N-S MDX appears to be the functional equivalent of the Eureka Zenith 65e. There definitely seems to be some sort of corporate relationship. It seems like Eureka, the Italian grinder manufacturer may be owned by N-S. At the very least they appear to be making grinders for the N-S label as well as their own.

Charlene

#27: Post by Charlene replying to r7 »

Hi Ryan,

The EZ 65e is two inches taller than my G60 and would be an issue for me to feed it beans due to cabinet clearance.

It looks like there is no space on the EZ 65e for a dosing funnel on the portafilter when grinding beans into it.

It does have 65mm burrs vs the 60mm burrs on the G60. Not sure if that is of consequence or not.

The G60 is a very aggressive grinder as is the EZ 65e.

To my visual tastes, the EZ 65e lacks the stunning looks of the NS G60. But, that's just aesthetics.

I so enjoy telling visitors the make of my G-60 with a full-blown Italian-Sicilian accent :lol:

Advertisement
r7

#28: Post by r7 »

I so enjoy telling visitors the make of my G-60 with a full-blown Italian-Sicilian accent
Charlene, I'm not sure I know how to correctly pronounce "Nuova Simonelli", but I would like to hear you rendition complete with accent! :)

Charlene

#29: Post by Charlene replying to r7 »

I have worked with a number of Sicilian customer engineers and love to pick up phrases in foreign languages.
When on a business trip to Milano I was asked if I spoke Italiano... and so I said a few phrases I had been taught.
The consensus of the northern Italian engineers was... she speaks with a Sicilian accent. Who Knew? 8)

toruu

#30: Post by toruu »

Could someone please tell your grind setting (seconds)? and how many gramm do you get for double espresso? Althoung mine from rocket fausto, I've to set more finer than default fabric setting (8 secs) to 13.8 seconds for 20 gramms. Beans should not old than a week.