[SOLD] Nuova Simonelli Mythos for Compak E10/K10

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
Euology101

#1: Post by Euology101 »

My Nuova Simonelli Mythos, for your Compak K10. Located in NYC - Queens to be exact. Prefer local, but may entertain shipping, if the right deal came across, and I felt comfortable with the person.

About my Mythos:
As you can probably see from the photos its modified. I can't remember the build date, but an earlier model mythos. This was purchased off of a cafe in NYC (Blue Bottle), and was actually used for grinding bags for customers, and not for espresso. That being said, there were a few things missing on it, and broken, which I will list below.

Tha Bad: Broken or Missing:
- Hopper funnel was broken. Currently this is being held together with some plastic adhesive, I've had it this way for almost 2 years, no issues.
- Missing the plastic tab that allows you to capture the beans in the hopper - Currently using a small piece of cardboard, not that its even all that necessary.
- Missing the Portafilter Fork - Cut a piece of 1/8" aluminum, and made one. Nothing amazing, but works, could be painted black to match.
- Missing 1 rubber foot, but I'm sure I can pick one up on McMaster, before swapping. - Right now its just sitting on an old roll of electrical tape. haha. You can see the tape in the photo of the the grinder by itself, back corner.
- because they were using this for course grind, and with bags, they removed the little "trap door" at the front of the spout. I made a new one out of 1/8" aluminum, not pretty, but you dont see it, so I never cared.

The Good: Modifications:
- Cut the side panels similar to current Mythos style to open up the front, and allow easy access to adjust the grind dial.
- Cut down the height of the hopper to mimic the new lower hoppers - Just an FYI the current lid does not fit the same way, since its curved, as it did before I cut it, doesnt seem to matter to me. I may be able/willing to make you a nice wood lid if the deal was worth it (I run a millwork shop)
- Entire body was stripped down, cut, and then sent over to my powdercoater. So the exterior of this used to be grey, it is now a Satin black to match my Machine. Not ghetto spray painted, Powder coated.

The other Good:
- Nearly new burrs, probably had about 30-40lbs run through them. (these are $200 from NS)
- Fully disassembled, cleaned, powder coated, cleaned, and reassembled. - I'm listing this as a "good" because I've gone through this machine multiple times, cleaning it, and making sure everything was in good working order. I have a lot of experience with grinders, as well as modifying them, and maintaining them. (partner in a cafe, have commercial, and semi-commercial at home, and also do service tech work on the side, when someone needs something in an emergency)

This is one of my favorite grinders, absolutely love it. One of the cleanest grinders I've used, and fairly low retention. I will say, I keep a full hopper, I usually pull 6-10 shots a day, so I'm not a single doser on this specific grinder. I had a K10 when I first got my GS3, and I loved it, and stupidly traded it for a Mazzer Major-E, just because I wanted to give the "E" funnel a shot, and not be dosing. I'm open to any style of K10, old Doser, or new E10.

This grinder is ~$2,400 new most places, so I think even with the "issues" its worth a straight up trade for a used K10 or E10. I don't necessarily have a preference for either, but I would probably be more entertained by the E10, simply because I haven't had one, and I like the idea.

PM me with any questions!