Any reason I should NOT buy a ECM Synchronika - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Jvbraun (original poster)

#11: Post by Jvbraun (original poster) »

Well I did it! Ordered the Synchronika and went for a naked PF along with it. Despite what Faspaz (thanks for honest opinion) said I pulled the trigger. I hope to have it mid week. I feel really good about spending $3k on a coffee machine with the help from everyone here. My wife is not a coffee drinker of any kind and does not really understand, but she says it must be one of those "engineer things" I made her watch the take apart videos on Youtube and got excited about the build quality....now she understands my excitement...it is a "engineering thing"
Thanks guys.

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by RockyIII »

Jeff,

Congratulations on the new Synchronika. It sounds like a great machine, and I'm sure you will enjoy using it.

Rocky

#13: Post by Jvbraun (original poster) replying to RockyIII »

Thanks, can't wait, your Mini is cool I bet.....

Stanic

#14: Post by Stanic »

Looking forward to your engineer report on the coffee! :-)

pnassmac

#15: Post by pnassmac »

sweaner wrote:Really, ONLY $1500 more? Just pocket change! I really doubt that most of your other assertions can be proven...especially "better espresso."
+1...in the case of the OP I should think the money would be better spent on a better grinder and the Vetrano.

I'm no engineer (and proudly so). Working with engineers weekly it's sometimes clear they can't see the forest for the trees. The hype from the hyperbole. And while this isn't specific to one profession, this forum feeds those flaws for those who choose to ignore more sage advice that's clearly available on this same site.

With all due respect, I stand by my statement; buy a better grinder first, then think about that Vetrano.

Faspaz

#16: Post by Faspaz »

I'm sure it's a fine machine. As I said, it was in my final two. It's unquestionably good looking, and it has a shot timer, which I wish the Linea Mini had. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with it.

newrevolution123

#17: Post by newrevolution123 »

An engineer or techie barista would love to have the Vesuvius espresso machine! Many features and programming options to play with for a loong time. It is however in the $4K range. Not to mention that you really need a world class grinder for the machine which means more $$
"Success is something you attract by the person you become.” -- Jim Rohn

r7

#18: Post by r7 »

pnassmac wrote:I'm no engineer (and proudly so). Working with engineers weekly it's sometimes clear they can't see the forest for the trees. The hype from the hyperbole
Wow, OK. Makes me wonder what kind of engineers you work with. They don't sound at all like those I work with. Fortunately for you, I imagine there were some fine engineers that are responsible for your QM Anita and your Ceado... :) I do agree that the Vetrano 2B seems to hit a high value for the money spot in its class.

#19: Post by Jvbraun (original poster) »

I am just a engineer that tries to make race cars go faster and a crummy coffee maker I pretend to be nothing else. I hope the new Synchronika helps me do one of these things better. I will let the people that really know this stuff fight it out here and listen and learn.
Thanks
Jeff

pnassmac

#20: Post by pnassmac »

r7 wrote:Wow, OK. Makes me wonder what kind of engineers you work with. They don't sound at all like those I work with. Fortunately for you, I imagine there were some fine engineers that are responsible for your QM Anita and your Ceado... :) I do agree that the Vetrano 2B seems to hit a high value for the money spot in its class.
I work in IT and went to school for information systems.

While working at a bicycle shop for 10 years I routinely had customers tell me they were engineers and they could tell me which bikes were good products just by looking at them. Working on the bicycles from build to repair I knew some brands just did not work well. That taught me there were two types of engineers; those with practical knowledge and those without.

One day a woman came in with a kickstand and a bicycle we'd sold. She said her husband, an engineer, could not install the kickstand because there was no room. Without getting to detailed I took the kickstand and mounted a part slightly angled where someone without practical knowledge expected a 90 angle. But not seeing the forest for the trees I'm sure her husband could not get his head around the fact that a slightly offset install was just as effective.

So in my world being an engineer gives me pause to think can they think outside the box? There are those that can and those that can't and I'm suspicious until otherwise.