Another Franken-lever - The Zodiachestrale - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
dominico
Team HB

#21: Post by dominico »

I'd love to see photos of how you mounted it.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

kitt (original poster)

#22: Post by kitt (original poster) »

Thanks everyone , i don't have any more photos at this stage, you can see the first of the two elements in the group with the two wires coming out of it. The other one is just in front of it . It was quite hard to find a suitable mounting place , when i ordered them i'd thought they'd be smaller, but they are about 10mm diameter by 70-80mm long . There's quite a few water paths in the Faema group, so avoiding them all wasn't easy . I'm hoping to find some chromed wiring sheath to better match the group rather than the black plastic at the moment

The group heaters are 50w , so not a huge power draw, by the time the boiler is up to temp (about 7 mins from start), the PID controller is showing about 70 degrees celsius at the group.

aaronmaestri

#23: Post by aaronmaestri »

You need something called Armaflex, Its stainless and you can use the metal cable glands to finish the ends. Its like the stuff they use on a payphone.
I got mine as a special order from JR Turks. they were a bit reluctant to order a small length but I spoke to the distributor and he was happy to help me out. All Turks had to do was put it through the register. Let me know if you don't have any luck, I might even have some spare somewhere.

kitt (original poster)

#24: Post by kitt (original poster) replying to aaronmaestri »

Thanks Aaron , there's a JR Turks near me so i'll check it out

kitt (original poster)

#25: Post by kitt (original poster) »

Just a quick post to give some finality to this thread (maybe :) ) I got some side panels made and very happy with them . The PID is now mounted to the chassis underneath and the side panels have insul-bright to stop the side panels getting too much heat

Paolo

#26: Post by Paolo »

A modern classic..

Well done!