How to connect electrical wiring for external rotary pump to La Pavoni Crossroads

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Todd Yarnes

#1: Post by Todd Yarnes »

Recently received an older LaPavoni Crossroad machine from my son that needs some refurbishing. It came with an external pump but I have no idea how to hook up the wires. 3 wires yellow with green strip (ground) and a brown and blue wire. The machine is 120 volt but has two location with room for plugs. Can anyone help I'm new to this. Thanks

Teflon1064

#2: Post by Teflon1064 »

Bit hard to know exactly when you mean by 'has 2 location with room for plugs' but on a la Marzocco with an external pump there will be 2 electrical cables coming from the machine, the larger one is the supply for the machine and connects to your wall outlet. The smaller one connects from the machine to the pump. That way the machine controls the power to the pump, it's not powered independently. The connection is usually made thru a cable gland to a terminal block inside a plastic enclosure on the pump motor casing. The earth is connected to the motor casing and the blue (neutral) and brown (active) wires connect to the same coloured wires in the terminal block.

Todd Yarnes (original poster)

#3: Post by Todd Yarnes (original poster) »

Thanks for getting back to me my initial post was a little confusing the wires are already hooked to the pump but we're not attached to the machine. The white plastic plug box in the photo I assume is where I plug in the pump but I have two of these on my machine so not sure exactly where to make the connection. Hope this helps somewhat. Tried to post some photos to show this better but appears they didn't take still learning this site too

#4: Post by Todd Yarnes (original poster) »

gor

#5: Post by gor »

Show us a pic of the wiring diagram that's on top of that white plastic box. If there's a diagram on the other plastic box, show that too.

I'm sure it'll be pretty straight forward since the pump connection has spade connectors which is easy to connect/disconnect

#6: Post by Todd Yarnes (original poster) »

This is on the right side back by a large black box which I suspect is the converter from 220 to 110

This is on the left side above the espresso machines power switch and the water connection. You can see this one more clearly on the first photograph

gor

#7: Post by gor »

The only spare spade terminals is on the second pic where it says 'pompa'. I would check with a multimeter, that you get a 240v signal at that spot when you press one of the buttons on the machine to brew coffee.

That black box has the control board in it.

#8: Post by Todd Yarnes (original poster) »

Ok ill give it a try