Bezzera Family lever rebuild

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
xxooxxoo

#1: Post by xxooxxoo »

Help help.....how do I get this out?

grog

#2: Post by grog »

That spring looks like it's destined for the scrap metal heap, but you could try soaking it in naval jelly rust remover and see what you end up with. Your time may be better spent sourcing a replacement spring, though.

The piston rod looks salvageable. The aforementioned naval jelly bath, clean off completely to see what you've got to work with, and then some progressively finer passes with 0-0000 steel wool to polish.
LMWDP #514

xxooxxoo (original poster)

#3: Post by xxooxxoo (original poster) »

Grog

Do you have any Idea where can I find a steam pipe to replace the original one for my lever!

grog

#4: Post by grog »

Have you checked to see if there is a Bezzera dealer in Taiwan?
LMWDP #514

#5: Post by xxooxxoo (original poster) »

Got this baby from eBay, it came with the crappy paint job and the paint covered the original bezzera marks!

The original body color is orange, and the name under the paint is "RECORD" ?

Anybody have any ideas of This bezzera "record" lever?

espressojr
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by espressojr »

xxooxxoo wrote: Anybody have any ideas of This bezzera "record" lever?
from all the photos I've seen, it looks exactly like my "family" lever.

p.s. if you find a source for a sight glass (they have been on back order at 1st line for a couple months now), let me know
jim

#7: Post by xxooxxoo (original poster) »

Jim

my sight glass is broken when I try to take it out, I'm still trying to find a replacemet for the sightglass gasket,

For the sightglass replacement, I customs made a same size glass tube form a laboratory glass tube factory, But there is leaking with the old gasket...I'm still trying to find a way to stop the leaking

espressojr
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by espressojr »

xxooxxoo wrote: For the sightglass, I customs made a same size glass tube form a laboratory glass tube factory, But there is leaking with the old gasket...I'm still trying to find a way to stop the leaking
interesting, I might have to try it. thanks for the idea!

here is the link I was trying for the ponte vecchio sight glass... the schematics look exactly the same and there has been discussion that the two were made by the same manufacturer but I haven't received confirmation that it is an exact fit.
http://www.1st-line.com/store/pc/Ponte- ... -p7701.htm

redbone

#9: Post by redbone »

Looks like the La Pavoni Lever Sight Glass Seal would also work well in this application.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

#10: Post by xxooxxoo (original poster) »

espressojr wrote:interesting, I might have to try it. thanks for the idea!

here is the link I was trying for the ponte vecchio sight glass... the schematics look exactly the same and there has been discussion that the two were made by the same manufacturer but I haven't received confirmation that it is an exact fit.
http://www.1st-line.com/store/pc/Ponte- ... -p7701.htm

I really want to order parts from 1st-line, but they don't ship oversea.........I'm in Taiwan...