Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 446

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RikC

#4451: Post by RikC »

@clyq,

Thx! I've been getting the hang of it and dialing it in today. Pucks are still a bit soggy but I'll have plenty of time change settings. I had to install one of the shims (I've been using the Sette for filter coffee up to now).

@cebseb,

Yes, I've been thinking about red, light blue or black. I really liked the light blue when I saw a demo machine in real life at the Amsterdam Coffee Festival earlier this month. However that one was out of stock. Regarding the black, I thought it looked good on photos but in when I saw it I liked the matte a bit less. Red was my original preference but I thought it might be to strong a color. However now that I have it in my kitchen I really like it and I get quite a number of positive reactions about this choice.

My unit is production number 2100 btw, to give an idea of how many linea mini's are around worldwide almost two years after it's introduction :wink:

ppaolo2

#4452: Post by ppaolo2 »

Just got a used ECM mechanika profi for a nice bargain :D

Franziskaner

#4453: Post by Franziskaner »

My first post! That's an ECM Synchronika with single, double, and naked portafilters, ECM knockbox, ECM tamper station, ECM convex tamper, and a Ceado E37S grinder.
What- me worry?

idrinkjetfuel

#4454: Post by idrinkjetfuel »

Franziskaner wrote:<image>
My first post! That's an ECM Synchronika with single, double, and naked portafilters, ECM knockbox, ECM tamper station, ECM convex tamper, and a Ceado E37S grinder.
Nice setup 8) Welcome to the forum...

Cimbalixxx

#4455: Post by Cimbalixxx »

Hi...new to the forum and thought this would be a nice place to gain and give some knowledge. Here is a recent picture of my Cimbali project...just getting it programmed and pressures adjusted. I picked this gem up for $140....yes, $140 :shock: The Cimbali needed some minor work, new pump and heating element (had the original element installed). I literally disassembled the entire machine and cleaned it inside and out...the amount of scale build up in the heat exchangers was unbelievable. In the end, she cleaned up quite well. This Cimbali has a beautiful copper boiler, nickle plated on the exterior, and an amazing amount of copper tube plumbing.... Fun project and looking forward to learning more......

RikC

#4456: Post by RikC »

Well, that is quite awesome picking up such a machine like that and restoring to this fine state! Congratulations!

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#4457: Post by FotonDrv replying to RikC »

+1
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

ash4889

#4458: Post by ash4889 »

Cimbalixxx wrote:Hi...new to the forum I picked this gem up for $140....yes, $140 :shock:
Nothing makes me happier than a good bargain, congratulations it's a beautiful machine.

tohenk2

#4459: Post by tohenk2 »

Cimbalixxx wrote:Hi...new to the forum and thought this would be a nice place to gain and give some knowledge. Here is a recent picture of my Cimbali project...just getting it programmed and pressures adjusted. I picked this gem up for $140....yes, $140 :shock: The Cimbali needed some minor work, new pump and heating element (had the original element installed). I literally disassembled the entire machine and cleaned it inside and out...the amount of scale build up in the heat exchangers was unbelievable. In the end, she cleaned up quite well. This Cimbali has a beautiful copper boiler, nickle plated on the exterior, and an amazing amount of copper tube plumbing.... Fun project and looking forward to learning more......
oh wow. I think I see a SS&W Sproline Txpresso Foamknife on the steam arm. That alone is worth $115. So the rest cost you $25 :D

TomC
Team HB

#4460: Post by TomC replying to tohenk2 »

Cimbali's have long, tapered steam tips. I think they're quite pretty considering what every other manufacturer puts out. I don't think this is the foam knife.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/