Buying espresso machine for a church cafe? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
iroast

#11: Post by iroast »

redbone wrote:Irrespective of machine; caffeinated bladders prior to an hour sermon just sounds like a bad idea.

Can you not offer coffee post church sermon instead.
Falling asleep is also a bad idea :-)

wachuko

#12: Post by wachuko »

HB wrote:...Below is a shorter video where i averaged around 1:15 per drink on a semi-commercial setup:

Puq Press Automatic Tamper??
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#13: Post by HB »

Dan Kehn

MNate

#14: Post by MNate »

There are a number of these threads out there and even the older ones are interesting.

Starting a church cafe and need equipment recommendations
Purchase recommendation for church cafe
New Espresso Machine for a High School Coffee bar

-this machine seems to be an often mentioned good baseline option: https://www.chriscoffee.com/S1-Vivaldi- ... ldi-ii.htm
-but better, if you don't have a dedicated coffee geek is to find your local commercial espresso machine shop to buy/lease from and have them regularly service it.
-and don't forget you'll need great fresh beans and a good grinder (probably at least $1k)
-of course there are a myriad of plumbing, and code issues
-feel free to post some pictures of your area, and even where you are in the country may help give us a an idea of what might help.

I do think coffee is a nice welcoming thing that helps with conversation. Having it before service is nice too and at special morning things like prayer breakfasts too. So it's a pretty good endeavor.

amcuic (original poster)

#15: Post by amcuic (original poster) »

Yes, we do plan to have pastries, donuts, muffins, and other breakfast-y items.

We already have a small cafe running with donuts, coffee, and tea. We're just looking to do some upgrades.

Like I said, just looking for machine recommendations.