Brasilia Opus dose programming

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
La_Terza

#1: Post by La_Terza »

Hello all,

I have a customer that has a 2 group Brasilia Opus R(aised) Digital form 2011 that they've had in storage. They brought it to me to program but I'm having a tremendous amount of trouble with it and in fact got myself in a bit of a pickle.

First off, Brasilia seems to no longer be in business so finding any information on this machine is pretty difficult though not impossible. The issue is I can't seem to find any sort of phone support or find any answers to my questions online making this a frustrating experience.

The manual that came with the machine didn't have any instructions on how to program each brew button so I had to do some guess work and use other manuals I've been able to find online. None of the manuals actually matched the specific model that I'm working on but I've found the basic instructions on how to access the programming mode.

Here is a link to the manual that I found on a russian website and the programming instructions are on page 34 of the file:

http://expert-cm.ru/forum/ci_admin/data ... ll-cup.pdf

Now, here is my issue: It seems i've gone into the GOURMET BREWING GROUP OPTIONAL mode for the right group (2) and have no idea how to go back into regular group programming mode. Note that this is only on the right group (2) and the left group works just fine (1). I was able to program group 1 but am at a loss as to how I should proceed with group 2. This gourmet brewing mode seems to be some sort of pre-infusion option that disables the rotary pump completely and i have no idea how to get the pump to turn on again.

I find it interesting that the manual tells you how to go into this Gourmet Brewing mode but does not tell you how to reverse it. :evil:

My questions to the home barista gods are:

1. is there a way to come out of this Gourmet Brewing programming mode and revert the settings back to a regular brewing mode?
2. Is there a factory reset button or sequence I can perform to reset all the settings to factory default?
3. Does anyone know who I can call in order to solve this?

I've called Rosito Bisani which used to be the importer for Brasilia but seems everyone is at the Pizza Expo in Las Vegas so the techs are unreachable....sigh

I've also contacted Nuova Ricambi in desperation and no luck with them either.

If all of this is confusing then I can post a video of what the machine is doing and how I got myself into this mess.

Regards,
Lorenzo

La_Terza (original poster)

#2: Post by La_Terza (original poster) »

Here is a video of the programming issue. Hope this helps clarify the above post:

La_Terza (original poster)

#3: Post by La_Terza (original poster) »

I got a hold of a more recent version of that manual that has a better translation and clarifies a couple things. Still no answer on how to go back to regular espresso operation of the grouphead.

it seems that the grouphead is in 'Filter Coffee Brewing Optional Mode' which allows a barista to brew regular coffee using a portafilter. It does this by delivering hot water with line pressure over some coarsely ground coffee instead of being pump driven. This explains why the pump is no longer turning on when attempting to brew on that grouphead.

I've contacted Rosito Bisani again and hoping to hear back with an answer but it doesn't sound likely.

help!