New espresso cup/saucer set of two

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
gimpy

#1: Post by gimpy »

My wife's set of two espresso cups/saucers just arrived. It's a birthday present from our daughter. My wife has Le Creuset pots and pans and these match the color. It is called "palm". They are 60 ml capacity stoneware from Le Crueset and one of the cups weighed in at about 106 grams. The good thing is, wife doesn't drink espresso shots, but I do :D

tohenk2

#2: Post by tohenk2 »

gimpy wrote:My wife's set of two espresso cups/saucers just arrived. It's a birthday present from our daughter. My wife has Le Creuset pots and pans and these match the color. It is called "palm". They are 60 ml capacity stoneware from Le Crueset and one of the cups weighed in at about 106 grams. The good thing is, wife doesn't drink espresso shots, but I do :D
nice. (bit much, 2 doubles at a time :mrgreen: but hey, then you get to chase the grandchildren? )

gimpy (original poster)

#3: Post by gimpy (original poster) »

Grandchildren, yes! Flying out next week to see one of them. :D

chrisbodnarphoto

#4: Post by chrisbodnarphoto »

I'm a big fan of the Le Creuset cups - we have the capp cups and they've been solid for 3+ years of use. They also go well colour-wise with the Acme offerings. :)

SonVolt

#5: Post by SonVolt »

Too bad they're not enameled cast-iron so you can get your coffee and workout in one.

aecletec

#6: Post by aecletec replying to SonVolt »

I admit to looking for this style of cups to cool down espresso quickly... some tea cups are almost what I want, but not quite.
Nice cups!

redbone

#7: Post by redbone »

We've got their big brothers.

:mrgreen:
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

RyanJE

#8: Post by RyanJE »

gimpy wrote:My wife's set of two espresso cups/saucers just arrived. It's a birthday present from our daughter. My wife has Le Creuset pots and pans and these match the color. It is called "palm". They are 60 ml capacity stoneware from Le Crueset and one of the cups weighed in at about 106 grams. The good thing is, wife doesn't drink espresso shots, but I do :D

<image>
Can you actually fit your finger in the handle? So far none of the various cups I've used work that way for me. Acme are the closest but just a bit small.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

gimpy (original poster)

#9: Post by gimpy (original poster) »

I'm sorry, I'm out of town/state for two weeks so I can not check for you. I only had the opportunity to use it once and I don't recall just how big the handle was. It will be April 14th or so before I can check for you. I think they were ordered/bought at bed, bath, and beyond.

gimpy (original poster)

#10: Post by gimpy (original poster) »

I'm still visiting out of state in Key West, Florida. I have found a small coffee/donut shop called the, "the Glazed Donut". It is a nice little donut shop that serves very good espresso. This morning my double shot was served in a stainless steel double walled cup. The handle is big enough for your finger to go thru.

The barista said he got them from Crate and Barrel.

I did not ask about the saucers, but don't think they are part of the set.

This little shop does use a two group Rancilio lever for their machine. Check them out if in Key West.