Feedback on Roasting Graphs

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
aedemirci

#1: Post by aedemirci »

Dear All,

Although I have been reading HB forums for some time, I newly registered on the web site. I recently bought Quest M3s and trying to figure out how to achieve consistent results. I have two K type thermocouples and Mastech 6514 to track the roasting process. Below I am adding two pics of my latest roasting attempts. The first one is Kenya Nyeri (Washed) and the second one is Ethiopia Adado Shara (Natural). Could you make comments on the graphs to lead me to better understanding how process works? Also, one thing I could not get is that I have lots of spikes in my RoR graph and whatever I did it never showed up smooth. Is there a setting in Artisan to get a smoother graph? Or is it because of roasting process. Thank you very much in advance for your feedback.

Kenya Nyeri

Ethiopia Adado

SJM

#2: Post by SJM »

This would be a good start
https://artisan-roasterscope.blogspot.d ... te-of.html

Then go into Tools > Extras for the Smoothing settings.

aedemirci (original poster)

#3: Post by aedemirci (original poster) »

Thank you. This is how my settings look. What changes should I make to get a smooth RoR graph?

MaKoMo

#4: Post by MaKoMo »

aedemirci wrote:Thank you. This is how my settings look. What changes should I make to get a smooth RoR graph?

<image>
Set "Smooth Curves" to 1 and "Smooth Deltas" to about 8.

aedemirci (original poster)

#5: Post by aedemirci (original poster) replying to MaKoMo »

Thank you. I will do that. I am new to roast with Quest M3. Do my graphs look okay?