Able AeroPress Filter Disc

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
IMAWriter

#1: Post by IMAWriter »

Well, I'm about 5 months overdue to drop a few words of praise on the Able Brewing filter disc for the AeroPress.
http://ablebrewing.com/products/disk-coffee-filter

For those who want just a bit more oomph without added grit, this is the guy. Very happy with it, and with a modicum of care, should last a good long while. At $12.50 it's a brewing bargain, IMO.

Séb

#2: Post by Séb »

I agree with you, i have one (standard) and love it. The finish product have more body just like a coffee from my Espro Press but with much easier cleaning ;)

canuckcoffeeguy

#3: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Yep, it's great. I've been using the standard disc at work for a while now. Easy to use and makes a difference in the cup.

Séb

#4: Post by Séb »

Séb

#5: Post by Séb »

Sorry for the double post, wanted to edit! And now can't delete them

jpender

#6: Post by jpender »

"without added grit"
"with a modicum of care, should last"

You must have the "Fine" Able Disk, Ima W.

The Standard Disk is bulletproof but allows passage of significant sediment. I used one for a few years but eventually grew weary of the amount of junk in the bottom of the cup. Mine is now in the cupboard of Unloved Coffee Toys, right next to the percolator and the Bobble.

Spitz.me

#7: Post by Spitz.me replying to jpender »

Same. I don't use the Aeropress anymore, but when I was using it I tried the Disk and I prefered the cleaner cup with the paper filters. This was a very similar experience to using the ABLE KONE filter. I grew tired of all the junk in my cup and it became a $50 waste. I think the metal filters are great ideas that definitely provide real usable options, they're just not for everyone since they create a very different cup of coffee.
LMWDP #670

IMAWriter (original poster)

#8: Post by IMAWriter (original poster) »

jpender wrote:"without added grit"
"with a modicum of care, should last"

You must have the "Fine" Able Disk, Ima W.

The Standard Disk is bulletproof but allows passage of significant sediment. I used one for a few years but eventually grew weary of the amount of junk in the bottom of the cup. Mine is now in the cupboard of Unloved Coffee Toys, right next to the percolator and the Bobble.
Yes, I DO have the fine...my bad for the omission. I have you beat on coffee toys I often ...look at.
Not the disk, fortunately. I gave up the AP a good while back, feeling the brew, while very nice lacked the acidity I got from espresso. With the disk, the fun is back.

JamieS

#9: Post by JamieS »

I have the S filter made by Kaffieologie, and find it makes a very nice Aeropress coffee, also with very little sediment, so probably comparable to the Able fine version. I also have to add that when the first one I purchased a number of years ago developed a small tear in the mesh, they replaced it for free with their newer, stronger version when I sent them a photo of what happened. So they deserve kudos for good customer service in standing behind their product.