KafaTek Monolith 68mm conical single-doser - Page 51

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
RyanJE

#501: Post by RyanJE »

Compass Coffee wrote:Hit thermal shut down middle of 4th hopper. (Expected, about the same as when breaking in burrs M7D) Let it cool an hour, finished the hopper, Minute Rice grind flush callin it ready to go home...
Actually you should send it to me for final inspection. I am a certified SCAA coffee grinder inspector. You won't know if it's truly ready until after I put it through its paces. In fact, it's probably best if you send some DP Yirg you've roasted along with it. Just looking out for you of course!
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

Compass Coffee

#502: Post by Compass Coffee replying to RyanJE »

Thank-you for your generous offer. But alas it is too late. Brought it home this evening, unpacked it and placed it in the empty space between Slayer and his lonely Monolith Flat brother. Adjusted the grind a hair finer than dialed and tested with Caffe Lusso Miscela Carmo by Denis guesstimating for Delirium and ground 19g. Lock and load the waiting Slayer - Wemo turned Slayer on via my phone before leaving the Roastery :wink: . Slide the lever over for 23.4 sec prebrew 24.8 sec 9 bar 5 sec trailing low flow 38.1g BAM spot on shot. And delish. Whoah expected to have to make at least one dial in adjustment! Even though been a couple months since I let my first Monolith conic go to live with another Slayer my fond usage memories translated perfectly to his new brother. I may be good and experienced but Damn honestly took me a bit by surprise. Call it luck, call it amazing tight consistent tolerance work by Denis grinder to grinder, call me happy to have the Monolith Conic back with the Flat. :D
Mike McGinness

fdoenz

#503: Post by fdoenz »

Anybody using a Monolith with the Profitec Pro 800?
Many thanks in advance for your inputs!

Spitz.me

#504: Post by Spitz.me »

*throws hat into the ring*

After all the fussing with single-dosing the K10 for years and now with the Sette's retention coming into play, I'm just going to bite the bullet and solve all my problems.
LMWDP #670

ds

#505: Post by ds »

Spitz.me wrote:After all the fussing with single-dosing the K10 for years and now with the Sette's retention coming into play, I'm just going to bite the bullet and solve all my problems.
Congrats, you can't really go wrong with it.

canuckcoffeeguy

#506: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Spitz.me wrote:*throws hat into the ring*

After all the fussing with single-dosing the K10 for years and now with the Sette's retention coming into play, I'm just going to bite the bullet and solve all my problems.
Nice! I still have the itch, too. Just need to find the money. Did you go with the conic?

Spitz.me

#507: Post by Spitz.me replying to canuckcoffeeguy »

I will be going with the Conic. I can't justify the extra ~$1000CDN for the Flat. I hope the exchange rate improves before delivery. I haven't pre-ordered yet, but Denis said the next batch of pre-orders should go up around the time he starts shipping his current batch of grinders. He thinks this will be April/May. So, it's possible that the rate gets much better! :lol:
LMWDP #670

ziggomatic

#508: Post by ziggomatic »

Am loving my Monolith Conical for the past couple weeks now, what an outstanding grinder in every aspect. The shots are so transparent now it has me testing out different water types and their affect on shot flavor (which I can CLEARLY taste more than ever before). Absolutely worth the 4 month wait.

marlodmb

#509: Post by marlodmb »

Spitz.me wrote:*throws hat into the ring*

Said the same thing last week myself. Waiting on landlord about plumbing in a slayer also if it's a go or not

canuckcoffeeguy

#510: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Spitz.me wrote:I will be going with the Conic. I can't justify the extra ~$1000CDN for the Flat. I hope the exchange rate improves before delivery. I haven't pre-ordered yet, but Denis said the next batch of pre-orders should go up around the time he starts shipping his current batch of grinders. He thinks this will be April/May. So, it's possible that the rate gets much better! :lol:
We've been getting killed on the exchange for a while now. Hopefully the loonie soars again.

I'll be interested in your Monolith experience once you have it. Especially since you've owned a K10, Vario, and Sette to compare. Should be fun.