Brush Caught In Grinder Chute...

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
JerDGold

#1: Post by JerDGold »

Yes, I did it. Don't ask me how or why. I've been able to remove the brush from the chute of my Compak K10. To say it more honestly, my Compak K10 removed the brush by eating the bristles. I was using that little brush with the plastic bristles the came with my Baratza Vario.

Anyways, the grinder seemed to spit most of the bristles out into the doser, and the rest I was able to pick out by hand from the chute. I've run about 30g of coffee through it since and everything "seems" ok. The question is, should I unseat the burr carrier to make sure there are no more bristles inside, or is this unnecessary? I really don't WANT to do it and risk making a little problem a big one, but I can if this isn't really a problem.

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

JerDGold wrote:The question is, should I unseat the burr carrier to make sure there are no more bristles inside, or is this unnecessary?
Grinders do a good job of evacuating the chamber without assistance. If the burrs spin freely, I'd chalk it up to forgetfulness and move on.
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
JerDGold (original poster)

#3: Post by JerDGold (original poster) »

Thank you....I really wanted to drink coffee this morning instead of taking my grinder apart.