Anyone try the Brewista Scale v2 - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Gaius

#11: Post by Gaius »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:From the specs it says let it dry out and it will start working again. I'm a bit skeptical.

I am using V1 for nearly a year now with water spills etc, i havent really submerged it into a sink, but so far works flawless, i also dropped it a few times already.

My only complain is that its fairly slow, so getting grom hand mode 1 to auto 4 takes quite some time, especially if it is your daily routine.

christosjr1

#12: Post by christosjr1 »

I just got mine two days ago. It has a fully sealed plastic case, lithium intergrated battery with usb charging port. It also has a heat resistant pad which i use as extra protection from spills.
The espresso programs are very fast responsive and the scale does an excellent job no matter the surface you put it on.
My nuova simonelli oscar is very happy with it.

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by Jshot replying to christosjr1 »

Good to hear from someone who owns one. Can you tell me if the scale defalts to the previously used mode you were using when you turn it on?

christosjr1

#14: Post by christosjr1 »

Yes every time it resumes in the last mode used before shutoff

Ron_L

#15: Post by Ron_L »

Mine arrived on Friday and so far I'm happy with it. I've used it in all modes but 6 (pourover) just to play with it. Iy seems well made.
...ron

LMWDP #356

captain_alex

#16: Post by captain_alex »

hey guys, thinking of getting one. can you also put the portafilter on top, tare and weigh espresso grind directly? the acaias have a special plate for this so i was wondering if the brewista is large enough to do this without.

thanks already!

avid

#17: Post by avid »

Ron_L wrote:Mine arrived on Friday and so far I'm happy with it. I've used it in all modes but 6 (pourover) just to play with it. Iy seems well made.
Pourover mode works great.
captain_alex wrote:hey guys, thinking of getting one. can you also put the portafilter on top, tare and weigh espresso grind directly? the acaias have a special plate for this so i was wondering if the brewista is large enough to do this without.

thanks already!
I just got up and tried to see if my Breville portafilter sits on the pad and it does just fine. I have been using my former scale, a Rubbermaid commercial, to continue to weight the portafilter. I weight the beans using the Brewista and then switch it to Espresso mode and use the Rubbermaid to check the portafilter with coffee weight. Overkill, I know, but then isn't that what Home Barista is all about? :lol:

cheez

#18: Post by cheez »

captain_alex wrote:hey guys, thinking of getting one. can you also put the portafilter on top, tare and weigh espresso grind directly? the acaias have a special plate for this so i was wondering if the brewista is large enough to do this without.

thanks already!
Portafilters do fit but the brewista scale doesn't come with a portafilter stand like the Acaia does. But here's an easy fix: take one of those tamping mats with an angle and trim it with a large kitchen knife. Budget Acaia portafilter stand/mat.

captain_alex

#19: Post by captain_alex replying to cheez »

hey thanks a lot! which tamping mat do you mean?? the one I know are flexible and not stiff ...

cheez

#20: Post by cheez »

captain_alex wrote:hey thanks a lot! which tamping mat do you mean?? the one I know are flexible and not stiff ...
Well they are flexible but it's still gonna work. Portafilters aren't that heavy.