Bellman steamer issues - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
JR_Germantown

#11: Post by JR_Germantown »

spressomon wrote:Rephrase: I, with the Bellman and its relatively weak steam power...
thomasben wrote:Wondering if units vary. I will try that, my unit is explosive as soon as the valve is open.
I had a similar steamer. It all depends on how you heat it. As pictured in the link above (on top of a gas stove), it can be really weak, because very few gas "sealed burners" are small enough to concentrate their heat in the center. Some gas cooktops have a small one, but ours didn't. The heat went up the sides of the steamer rather than wrapping around the base. On a traditional coil burner, or a glass-top electric range, it was a beast.

Jack

thomasben (original poster)

#12: Post by thomasben (original poster) »

Will be returning the unit. Some may have luck, as it seems others don't as well. I've tried 100 methods and a a dozen gallons of milk. Lost cause. It's an explosion of milk regardless of how open or closed the valve is and micro foam is a near impossibility for ME, with this unit. I get bubbles as big if not bigger than ping pong balls and no smaller everytime.

spressomon

#13: Post by spressomon »

It sure sounds as if there might be a QC issue with the pressure relief valve(s) and/or steam tip orifice diameter. My Bellman works great regardless of the heat source.
No Espresso = Depresso