[SOLD] Espressoforge 2.1

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
AZRich

#1: Post by AZRich »

OK- over 300 views and no sale, so price reduced to $190 + actual shipping.

For sale is my espressoforge ver 2.1 purchased last july from Andre. Much as I love the Forge and have used it a lot, I need to fund another project. It is in perfect condition, and of course is warranted for life. I did not buy it with the pressure gauge or stand from Andre. Included are the 2 extra o-rings, the plug nut if not using a gauge, and packet of dow 111. I have added a very nice 11 bar/160 psi gauge seen fitted which is rated for water/gas/oil and works very smoothly. It is brass thread but I wrap it securely in teflon tape so almost no metal to metal contact, and it can easily be unscrewed by hand to check in a few seconds. I will include the lovely (hah!) plywood that I used as a stand. Not pretty but very stable when supported on either end with anything of appropriate height. (heavy mugs, bricks, books, etc.....)

was $210, now only $190 ! plus actual shipping cost.
Rich , 520-624-6219

Update - I am including a couple extras: (see new pic's)
----------------------------------------
First, a palm-sized mesquite handle which can replace the original plastic handle. It was finished simply with a mineral oil rub. Extremely hard wood, cut from a tree in my yard several years ago. Very comfortable to hold when pressing down for a shot.

Also, A 'K' bare wire thermocouple epoxied into a hole in a bolt used to measure brew water temp similar to a scace. The bolt screws into the hole for the pressure gauge, and the tip of the TC sits inside the shower screen , so it only touches the water in the group just before it gets to the coffee puck. It can be angled so it does not touch any metal.
If you use a phidget and Artisan then the water temp can be shown throughout the shot. Or you can see the effects of preheating, etc. It could also just be plugged into an inexpensive digital thermometer.

TC mounted in hole, before adding screen and gasket:

Thanks for looking!

AZRich (original poster)

#2: Post by AZRich (original poster) »

Lots of views (thanks!) but no buyer yet so before the ad expires I have converted my ugly wood 'stand' into a more proper 3 leg stand. It is good quality birch 3/4" plywood (11 layers + veneer so quite strong) painted black with clear polyurethane. Legs are 3/8" threaded rod with washers and nuts on both sides of platform so height can be adjusted for the size of cup. Legs are 6" long so max clearance is about 5".

Shown is my largest 12oz Crema Ware latte mug which just fits inside the 3 legs. Also shown is an espresso cup with the leg height lowered to my preferred level.

To be honest my pressure gauge and stand are not as nice as Andre's but his full package is out of stock and is $350. I will just keep the Forge if not sold at my price, since it is in perfect condition, will last forever, is stainless steel, not plastic, uses off the shelf standard 58mm baskets, gaskets, and shower screen, and it makes great espresso when preheated and paired with a good grinder. Pressure profiling is so easy with the forge. This is one area where it really excels. It does require a finer grind than some pump machines. I drink mostly latte's and don't travel much so my newly acquired pump machine gets used most often currently.