Stagg variable temperature control electric kettle (Kickstarter) - Page 4

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
CathyWeeks (original poster)

#31: Post by CathyWeeks (original poster) »

TomC wrote:... But I did recently add this little guy. Hopefully it'll be it for a while.
OhMiGod. Link please. My brother is an R2-D2 fan.

If you're interested, it's this guy:

http://images4-b.ravelrycache.com/uploa ... edium2.jpg (let me know if the link doesn't work).

He pestered me for two years to make that hat. I had to learn colorwork just for that one project.

Added: Oh, I think I found it at ThinkGeek.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#32: Post by baldheadracing »

If someone is interested in this KS, FYI they announced today that there would only be a USA/Canada version so international backers are cancelling their pledges, opening up spots at super early bird prices - I just grabbed an EKG+. [ETA: then I looked further into Acaia's Brewbar software - and then downgraded back to the EKG once an EKG super early bird spot opened up ...]
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#33: Post by ira »

Thanks for the heads up, you just saved me $10. Got the last one at $99.

Ira

baldheadracing
Team HB

#34: Post by baldheadracing »

You're welcome. There will be a trickle of cancellations for the next couple of days until Sunday 12:45EST when the campaign ends.

Stretch goal of a simple timer has been met (simple meaning it auto-starts "shortly after" you remove the kettle from the base).
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

TomC
Team HB

#35: Post by TomC »

I'm assuming the changes in reward packages is a result of those international orders that have backed out. I was looking this morning and the lowest spot for an EKG+ was $149 ( and another $10 shipping). But checking now, there was one spot at $145. Props to anyone who snagged an EKG+ at $99.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

jbenson4

#36: Post by jbenson4 »

TomC wrote:Props to anyone who snagged an EKG+ at $99.
I think only the regular EKG was available for $99 (I was able to snag one today). The cheapest I saw the EKG+ listed for was $139.

TomC
Team HB

#37: Post by TomC replying to jbenson4 »

Ahh, I mistakenly inferred that Ira was able to snag one at that price.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#38: Post by ira »

TomC wrote:Ahh, I mistakenly inferred that Ira was able to snag one at that price.
Can't imagine why I'd want the plus. Another app I can't use because I don't have the right phone. And even when I borrow my wife's, the apps I can use now still seem useless.

Ira

brencho

#39: Post by brencho »

Bob_McBob wrote:There's always the new Hario variable temp kettle. MSRP $185 USD, street price around $130 USD in Japan.
Any idea when the Hario will be available in North America? I could get a bonavita for the office but I have one at home already, and variety is the spice of life :p

Otherwise the stagg ekg looks nice but is still a ways away and (not having tried it yet myself) I worry about the stability of that spout.

SpecC

#40: Post by SpecC »

I missed the boat on this one. Just bought their normal kettle and love it. Feels and pours so much better than my Bonavita electric kettle.