JoeFrex / Concept Art espresso cups opinion? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
randomorbit

#11: Post by randomorbit »

I've got Le Crusette red demitasse with cream colored interior. I like them, but this thread got me thinking and shopping, and I happened upon these on Amazon.

I'm a big fan of diner ware, have a diner booth in my kitchen, and most of my tableware is this green stripe design. I have a lot of different diner mugs and cups, including a few of the green stripe ones, and 3 dozen green stripe 6 oz coffee cups we bought for our wedding, because it was cheaper than renting. I never saw the demitasse before, and though 3 dozen is a bit excessive, they are not expensive, will last me a lifetime, and will be great to have someday when we have the giant dream kitchen and host huge parties. I love this stuff, because it is nice and heavy, has a nice feel, is durable. You can find the vintage stuff, but it can also be bought new from restaurant supply places.

FastGlass

#12: Post by FastGlass »

MB wrote:How are the ergonomics of the handle/finger hole on the 200ml "Egg" cups?
I like them a lot. I can get my finger in there well enough on the various sizes, but honestly, this wasn't a factor in my cup search (for me). I drain my Spro pretty fast, and only really sit with an Affogato or latte from time to time. Those larger cups are usually accompanied by large(er) hand holds anyhow. Here's one I made last night in the 150 ml "flat white" cup...

elChupaKen (original poster)

#13: Post by elChupaKen (original poster) »

Thanks for the advice folks, but I ended up getting a set of the Dritan Alsela demitasse (d'Ancap) cups for Xmas. They seem like a solid cup and do exactly what I needed!