Olympia Cremina MIN--MAX Labels

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
wsfarrell

#1: Post by wsfarrell »

Some Creminas have MIN--MAX labels next to the water level indicator. It's so rare that I don't know if they only had the labels for a few years, or all machines had them and they were scrubbed off. My most recent restoration had them, but the MIN label was mostly gone so I polished it off completely. The asymmetry bugged me, so I decided to make my own labels. I created a file in Word with a bunch of labels in red. After a ton of searching, I found a source for laser-printable cling vinyl. I took my Word file to a print shop, but they refused to put the vinyl through their machine. So I printed it in black on my own printer. The photos below show the label sheet, the machine with MAX-only label, and the machine with both labels. Not perfect, but an improvement I think. I'm happy to send a strip of the labels to anyone who requests it, and will send the Word file to anyone who might be able to print it in red.

Advertisement
grog

#2: Post by grog »

This is pretty cool. I've also only seen photos of these on a very small number of machines. How did you know where to place them?
LMWDP #514

wsfarrell (original poster)

#3: Post by wsfarrell (original poster) »

The MAX label was intact, and the MIN label (which I polished out because it was in bad shape) looked to be the same distance from the bottom as MAX was from the top. To wit: the center of the underline is 28mm from the top of the sight glass. One inch would probably work, just don't tell the Swiss engineers.

Boldjava

#4: Post by Boldjava »

Helpful. I have a tendency to overfill.
-----
LMWDP #339

dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by dumpshot »

Those are perfect! Would look great on my Livietta. I'll send a PM.

Pete
LMWDP #484

jwCrema
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by jwCrema »

I confess - the first time I looked at this, I didn't see where these labels were placed. So I saw a sheet of labels, and a nice looking Cremina. Ooooohhhhhh. Cool - way cool!

My 1985 never had them. I may do a couple of black lines behind the sight glass. My experience, I have found the approximate overfill line and thankfully haven't been close to "min". I fear someone turning on the machine due to lever erectous which my machine has a chronic case of every morning and emptying the boiler.