ECM Classika PID

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
marlodmb

#1: Post by marlodmb »

I just placed a order from WLL for the ECM Classika PID, sette 270, and a bottomless portafilter.

Question is.. does the ECM Classika PID come with a Tamper or do I have to make another order quick?

*update- checked other sites and it comes with a tamper as far as I read *I hope* :D

Eiern

#2: Post by Eiern »

Congratulations!

My Classika PID came with a useless plastic tamper. Got myself VST baskets, a Pullman tamper, silicone gasket replacing the rubber one and the IMS E61 200 shower screen. Can recommend it all but for now just enjoy your great machine!

Espresso in SB

#3: Post by Espresso in SB »

Eiern wrote:Got myself VST baskets, a Pullman tamper, silicone gasket replacing the rubber one and the IMS E61 200 shower screen.
Would you mind sharing which silicone gasket you purchased and where you got it (link)? Does it fit well with the stock portafilters? I have a Classika and want to get a gasket as well. TIA!

robertw

#4: Post by robertw »

Is Classika's portafilter 53 or 58mm?

Eiern

#5: Post by Eiern »

Espresso in SB wrote:Would you mind sharing which silicone gasket you purchased and where you got it (link)? Does it fit well with the stock portafilters? I have a Classika and want to get a gasket as well. TIA!
I'm pretty sure it's the red E61 one from cafelat
http://www.cafelat.com/silicone-group-gaskets.html

It fits perfect for me, I use the ECM bottomless and it locks in straight down. The spouted ECM with blind filter locks in a little past but who cares.

Espresso in SB

#6: Post by Espresso in SB »

Eiern wrote:I'm pretty sure it's the red E61 one from cafelat
Thanks!
robertw wrote:Is Classika's portafilter 53 or 58mm?
Classika portafilter is 58mm.

marlodmb (original poster)

#7: Post by marlodmb (original poster) »

So got it all up and running. The sette 270 isn't bad at being loud. On par as my breville 870 grinder but way quicker.

Anyways I'm glad I have a 30lb calibrated tamper coming Friday along with a frothing can. I tried the bottomless first and yup some sideways squirting. So this is definitely nice so I can see what I'm doing wrong.

I want to get the vst baskets.. I get the one with ridges right? Anyone recommend a place to but a thing to put my portafilter on to tamp?

I still have Verve Sermon beans. I did the 5E like they said to start and I'm now on 4E for next pull. I'm taking it slow and drinking all the shots with milk instead of dumping. Rather get a drink than waste it trying to dial it in quick. I have to order beans and not sure if I'll order the same or different beans. Haven't got a good shot yet wasting alot on the 870xl.

One gripe I have with the 270. How I have to use 2 hands changing the grind settings for the numbers. I turn it on and hit the play button and then with one hand turn the dial and the other to hold the grinder. I dose my bean weight so no need for the W version and I do the change after I ran the beans through. There is some retention but I'm sure it's the humidity/beans/first time grinding. So not worried about that. I see it came with 2 shims but no instructions so ill look those up and send a email to see if able to get the coarse burr.

It isn't bad for heating up time wise. Looks amazing that's for sure. The top Def gets warm/hot for the cups unlike my 870xl.. I haven't froth yet.

One thing on the ECM is it takes some force to get the handle straight putting the portafilter in that I'm worried it will break something. So I been doing it snug but in the videos I have seen I don't see my handle being in the same position.

Eiern

#8: Post by Eiern »

Re VST I prefer ridgeless, they stay well in place with the strong spring in the portafilter.

#9: Post by marlodmb (original poster) »

Eiern wrote:Congratulations!

My Classika PID came with a useless plastic tamper. Got myself VST baskets, a Pullman tamper, silicone gasket replacing the rubber one and the IMS E61 200 shower screen. Can recommend it all but for now just enjoy your great machine!
The tamper is pretty horrible haha!! What's the difference in the shower screens? I'll pick up a gasket it's only $4. All

And thanks for everyone's response.

#10: Post by marlodmb (original poster) »

Eiern wrote:Re VST I prefer ridgeless, they stay well in place with the strong spring in the portafilter.
Alright. I'll see what I have with next check. Or I might just wait and get things down before I spend more money. I really need to get a straight shot that I can drink and say it's good. :D