Steam pressure on La Marzocco Linea Mini below 1.3 bars

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jacksen

#1: Post by Jacksen »

Hi all, my steam bar pressure at idle even after an hour since starting up the machine only hovers between 1-1.1 bars, do you guys see the need for me to readjust the pressure? As i read from the manual the correct pressure should be between 1.3-2 bars. It has only been 3 days since i used the machine.Thank you for the responses

sluflyer06

#2: Post by sluflyer06 »

Depends on how much steam you want, there's no harm in leaving it where its at, but if you want stronger steaming, or need the additional capacity of running it at a higher pressure, by all means, pop the top open and adjust it up.

Portlandia

#3: Post by Portlandia »

Your pressure is low, and the manual says the steam boiler should be set to 2.0 (max setting on initial start up). I would adjust the pressure switch accordingly.

kwantfm

#4: Post by kwantfm »

Steam pressure would be pretty poor at 1 bar. I'd be more concerned that something else was not quite right in yhe steam plumbing.
LMWDP #602

keno

#5: Post by keno »

Jacksen wrote:Hi all, my steam bar pressure at idle even after an hour since starting up the machine only hovers between 1-1.1 bars, do you guys see the need for me to readjust the pressure? As i read from the manual the correct pressure should be between 1.3-2 bars. It has only been 3 days since i used the machine.Thank you for the responses
Is it a new machine or one that you've owned for a bit? If the latter is this something new (eg, was it previously reading higher)? It does sound low but before I'd try to adjust the pstat I'd call LM and see what they suggest. I thought I read something about them reducing the boiler pressure a little (so the 2 bar in the manual may not be right) but that seems like it's definitely lower than it should be. Could be a faulty pstat.

sluflyer06

#6: Post by sluflyer06 replying to keno »

The mater pressure stat is not always consistent, I've seen it from from 1.7-2 and then the next day up to 2.2 and back down to normal on its own. I'm sure it's just that his was set on the lower side and now it's drifted too low or just set too low to begin with. There's no indication of a problem other than it was set too low, unless adjusting it up does not work as expected.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by JohnB. »

sluflyer06 wrote:The mater pressure stat is not always consistent, I've seen it from from 1.7-2 and then the next day up to 2.2 and back down to normal on its own.
Which model Mater p'stat did LM use? The Mater XP110 I've been using maintains my 2.1 bar setting consistently, has a tight .1 bar deadband & best of all is silent.
LMWDP 267

sluflyer06

#8: Post by sluflyer06 »

JohnB. wrote:Which model Mater p'stat did LM use? The Mater XP110 I've been using maintains my 2.1 bar setting consistently, has a tight 1 bar deadband & best of all is silent.
Don't know which one. Did you mean .1bar deadband?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by JohnB. »

I did. Fixed it. Thanks.
LMWDP 267

Jacksen (original poster)

#10: Post by Jacksen (original poster) »

Sluflyer is right. Here is the reply i got from chris "
I believe your machine is working fine, but your pressure-stat is simply adjusted too low. If it were failing, the symptoms would be different.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to walk you through the process if you give me a call on Monday.

It's a simple procedure, simply remove the cup grate and tray, locate the pressure stat and, with a small straight-bit screwdriver, make 1/4 turn adjustments until your resting pressure is where you want it. Most prefer 1.5-8, and anywhere below 2.0 bars of pressure is safe. Make sure to allow a minute or two between adjustments for the steam boiler to normalize. Once it's set where you like it, replace your grate and tray, and you're done" i did like what he said and now the pressure is stable at 1.5.