Installing Sirai pressurestat in 2004 Quickmill Andreja Premium

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
kolaja

#1: Post by kolaja »

Hello everybody,

I recently purchases Andreja Premium. It's an old one from 2004 but in good shape. It's needs new pressurestat.
I wasn't sure about wiring. Mater in my machine has connectors for: common, normally open and normally closed. Sirai pressure stat has 3 connectors for normally closed and 3 connectors for common. What to do with normally opened?

I attached the photo. On the left is Mater pressurestat installed currently and on the right Sirai I was thinking to install. I added the arrows showing how I thought to connect it. Can somebody with experience let me know is it right or not.
Thank you in advance

homeburrero
Team HB

#2: Post by homeburrero »

Since the Sirai does not have a normally open contact, you will lose that feature of the green ready light being on only when the pStat has switched the element off.

Wiring it the way you show it, it will work, but the green light will stay on as the pStat cycles on and off. The red light is still there to tell you the pStat status, so no biggie.

P.S.
You say that the pStat's power wire goes to a hi-limit and not to a solid state relay (SSR.) I suspect your 2004 may be old enough that it doesn't have an SSR - is that true? On newer Andreja Premium machines that do have an SSR doing the element switching, a Sirai pStat might be considered overkill.
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

Advertisement
kolaja (original poster)

#3: Post by kolaja (original poster) »

homeburrero,

My andreja has finder relay no SSR. Already installed sirai works like charm.
I contacted chris coffee and got instructions from them in regards to wiring the sirai.
Instructions were for Veterano but once I drawn electrical diagram for my andreja it made sense.
You are right that normally opened contact just turns ready(green) light on or off.
Thank you for replying