Which is your favorite coffee brand that you buy from the store? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by yakster »

I buy Chromatic Coffee at Whole Foods and can find it within a week or two of roasting. Most of the other specialty coffee there seems to be much older.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

jpender

#12: Post by jpender replying to yakster »

I buy over half of my coffee from Whole Foods or similar alternative grocery stores. I never buy beans older than three to five days and most of the time I can find that at those places. When I can't I go elsewhere... or dig deep into my freezer for leftovers.

As for mainstream supermarkets, I only buy Starbucks VIA instant for backpacking.

barberrian

#13: Post by barberrian »

Recently found a favorite at Trader Joe's. It's called Malawi. Arabica bean, full mouth feel, tangerine, spice, hint of chocolate.
LMWDP #565

greekbarista

#14: Post by greekbarista »

i m a big illy fan

Portlandia

#15: Post by Portlandia »

Grocery store coffee? Lolz :mrgreen:

kcs3c

#16: Post by kcs3c »

There's a Nugget Market not too far from me that sometimes has great whole bean coffee within a few days of the roast date from Temple, Old Soul, Ritual, Equator, Counter Culture, and/or Intelligentsia. Not unusual for the price to be a $1 or $2 less then the per bag price online, as well. Of course, if your timing isn't right, they can also be more than 14 days past the roast date, as well.