Greens Alert - Page 66

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Almico

#651: Post by Almico »

JK wrote:Is that the Elida?
I see the big size of the beans...
El Salvatore Finca Kilimanjaro Natural

LDT

#652: Post by LDT »

I don't know if Almico was referring to my post, but I was referring to El Salvador Finca Kilimanjaro beans and the photo of his beans sure looks like my roast as well. I guess we'll wait for his reply. Guess he just replied! :D

Advertisement
coffeemmichael

#653: Post by coffeemmichael »

Time to break the piggy bank, roastmasters has the private collection geisha from the hacienda la esmeralda in stock

JK

#654: Post by JK »

New One at SM
Ethiopia Gr. 1 Dry-Process Fara Sala
Fara Sala is an outstanding, fruit-forward coffee, notes of berry, apricot, lychee, mango nectar, and tamarind candies coming through in the cup. Syrupy, articulate, and a clean example of dry processed coffee. City to Full City+. A wild espresso.

All they had to say was "Wild Espresso" and I was in :)
Should be here Monday ......

https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/eth ... -sala-5226
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

brianmch

#655: Post by brianmch »

coffeemmichael wrote:Time to break the piggy bank, roastmasters has the private collection geisha from the hacienda la esmeralda in stock
How is it?

coffeemmichael

#656: Post by coffeemmichael replying to brianmch »

Haven't roasted it yet, will try to make time for it later today

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#657: Post by EspressoForge »

JK wrote:New One at SM
Ethiopia Gr. 1 Dry-Process Fara Sala
Fara Sala is an outstanding, fruit-forward coffee, notes of berry, apricot, lychee, mango nectar, and tamarind candies coming through in the cup. Syrupy, articulate, and a clean example of dry processed coffee. City to Full City+. A wild espresso.

All they had to say was "Wild Espresso" and I was in :)
Should be here Monday ......

https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/eth ... -sala-5226
Interested to see what you think, I missed the Janbar offering, so have been looking out for another good DP Ethiopian coffee! Lychee got my attention with it being one of my favorite fruits.

Advertisement
JK

#658: Post by JK »

I should have the Ethiopia Gr. 1 Dry-Process Fara Sala Monday..

I'm slipping a Janbar Espresso as I am typing this but I am sad to say I am not much of a taste describer other than to say I like it a lot, it has some nice acidic finish..
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

AZRich

#659: Post by AZRich »

Hey Andre - I roasted my first 8oz of the Fara Sala yesterday (city+) and can confirm it is definitely a wild fruit bomb (which I was hoping for!) Just did a melita drip this morning and already it's pretty crazy, but can't wait to pull shots after a few more day's rest.
Rich

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#660: Post by EspressoForge replying to AZRich »

Hi Rich, Thanks very much for the report! My stockpile of coffee has been dwindling for a while, so I think I'll pull the trigger on this one! I'm also partial to the crazy fruit bomb espresso, especially from DP Ethiopians.