Starbucks Veranda (blonde roast) or Jacobs Krönung? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
RyanJE

#11: Post by RyanJE »

jwCrema wrote:With the exception of feeling anxious & cold, I've had the exact same experience with tequila.
Well drink it outside in the winter and you'll be both cold, and anxious to go inside..
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

heavyduty

#12: Post by heavyduty »

Elin wrote:Yesterday, I purchased a starbucks christmas blend
This is either really funny or really sad. Please help me decide which.
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

LukeFlynn

#13: Post by LukeFlynn replying to heavyduty »

+1 :mrgreen:

Chert

#14: Post by Chert »

Jacobs Krönung

If it is like the coffee I once enjoyed while living in Germany, I would choose this. At least for nostalgia's sake. But if I recall correctly it does have some robusta blended in there for added boldness and that stuff might make you feel like that espresso did. Cheers!

Starbuck's Christmas blend? I'll peruse those good memories some other way (1989), because the taste is blech.
LMWDP #198

drgary
Team HB

#15: Post by drgary »

Elly,

I think you're asking for help in a way that won't get you what you need. If I understand what you're asking it's for a straightforward coffee without odd tastes that won't upset your stomach. Asking for a brand won't help much, especially when you're asking this on a forum that promotes exceptional coffee, not your run-of-the mill brands.

If you tell us where you are located we could direct you to a higher quality cafe than Starbucks. You can tell them what you're seeking. Then have them brew it for you to see if you like the taste and if it's easy on the stomach.

From there here are some basic guidelines. You want all Arabica coffee. If you get coffee from another type of plant like Robusta it can be so high in caffeine it will make you feel lousy, like you described. It should be fresh or it will taste "off." With fresh roasted beans it's probably best between 5 and 12 days after the actual roast date. A "best by" date isn't helpful. You will need to brew it at a good temperature. A "regular coffeemaker" may not do that. Anyway read some of the FAQs in the Coffee Brewing forum to get those basics. But such knowledge isn't helpful without going to a good cafe and tasting a quality coffee brewed correctly.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

JR_Germantown

#16: Post by JR_Germantown »

drgary wrote:Elly,

I think you're asking for help in a way that won't get you what you need ... But such knowledge isn't helpful without going to a good cafe and tasting a quality coffee brewed correctly.
Good advice -- wasted. She's not listening. I just took the time to read her first topic. It's a shame she didn't just continue it, because then we wouldn't have wasted time rehashing some of the same advice as she was given there. :roll:

Jack