Faema No Stop Pressure Switch Wiring

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
bilnsnow

#1: Post by bilnsnow »

Hello All,
I am new to Home Barista. I am a recent beneficiary of a Faema No Stop 2 Group Machine. It is quite clean and I expect it to work as it supposedly worked before I got it. Unfortunately, the person who gave it to me removed the pressure switch to test another machine and couldn't tell me where the wires went before. If anyone can send me a picture it would be appreciated. I have attached a picture of my pressure switch and the wires that were attached.

I tested the wires while on and they all tested 120v

Also, yes, the pressure switch is rough and I will be replacing it. I was going to use it to test it.

Thanks in Advance,
Bill in Lodi

allon

#2: Post by allon »

The pressure switch is three isolated switches that all turn on or off together (triple-pole, single throw)
The screw terminals are arranged in a 3-by-2 matrix. Each pair of terminals in the -by 2 direction are one switch.

The pressure switch is on when pressure is low (low temp) to turn the heater on. When the pressure reaches the set point, the contacts open.

You need to trace through the wires to find which contacts go to the heating elements. Wire them in one row.
Trace the other wires - they should go to the main power switch. Wire them in the other row. When you're done the circuit should go:

mains power (hot) -> switch -> pressurestat sw1 -> pressurestat sw1' -> heating element
(through heating element)
other side of heating element -> pressurestat sw 2' -> pressurestat sw2 -> switch -> mains power (neutral)

The neutral may or may not go through the switch.

The difficulty is that you seem to have THREE sets of wires.
There may be more than one heating element on one flange; can you post a picture of the heating element side of the wires?

There may also be an overtemperature cutout between the pstat and the heating element.

NOTE - high voltage, if you short it, will blow a fuse and could damage other components on the machine - hard to tell. BE CAREFUL. If you don't know what you're doing, consult an electrician or general repair shop to do the work for you (or check your work) once you figure out what you *think* the right answer is.
LMWDP #331