About 3-way Solenoid Valve Operation - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
stefano65
Sponsor

#21: Post by stefano65 »

For industry standard ( and I'm sure there are plenty of people that will criticize this)
the viton is used for 2 ways valve application
the ruby for 3 ways/groupheads
also to note since parker purchased Lucifer few years back
the coils DO not have a lucifer name on apart from where the washer is
see this document for reference

Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

gor-l

#22: Post by gor-l »

Hi,
Can anyone comment on stripping these plungers down for cleaning?
The three way valve plunger has two springs in the middle. One long, one short.
The ruby seal and support can be removed at the long end by compressing the spring and rotating them both so that they come out of the slot in the side. However, I'm stumped with the short end - the spring doesn't seem to compress enough to allow the seals to twist and come out.

It seems to me that the small fixed disc in the middle of the slot that acts as the back stop to both springs must be inserted after the hole down the middle is drilled out. So the whole assembly must be strippable..

Any pointers much appreciated.
Ta, Thom.

dparham

#23: Post by dparham »

Great Post! I have to repair one of my 3 way valves in one of my groups on my Fiorenzato Fenice Im restoring and it looks like prev owner tried to repair or replace but the plunger maybe be whats making such a horrible sound... I exchanged solenoids with other group and same sound at same group , I remember when installing that I suspected that the seal or spring was bad, also it doesn't seal and water is expelled form the 3 way valve during shot on that group...

dparham

#24: Post by dparham »

Well found my issue in short order... the plungers had gotten switched so even though everything fit correctly, the prev owner or service must have switched them so one solenoid rattled and buzzed something horrible... once swapping plungers in each valve of each group, everything is working perfect! so it seems the plunger (solenoid nucleus) of a lucifer 3 way valve works in a parker valve but the parker does not work in the lucifer....