GICAR Controller Repairs? - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
kaotik78

#11: Post by kaotik78 »

Well I finally got around to ordering a replacement transformer and soldering it on the board. Fun, but not fun when I turned the unit on and none of the lights came on the panel. Nothing works. I'm stuck in manual dose/fill mode. Been a rough day, this was icing on the cake. Only one place in WA sells these and they want ALL the cash, 560.00 or so :( Drives me nuts cause I want to figure out what's wrong with it once and for all!

Nick N.

#12: Post by Nick N. »

kaotik78 wrote:Reviving a dead post but I have the same issue with my gicar controller. Same model pictured in the photo above. One day it just stopped lighting up. I checked the board with a multimeter and it was getting power. I'm thinking the 220vac to 12vdc transformer on the board by myrra is toast. Wondering if anyone has any other thoughts, besides the guy who can't answer certain questions for whatever reason.
reviving an old thread here for the benefit of those with the transformer problem on their Gicar controller (as this is how I found it)

I sent all three of the Gicar controllers from my 1998 Iberital machine to JPBoyt Enterprises in Wilkeson, Washington. He very quickly repaired all three units. His price made it possible for me to have my machine working, as I could not afford to have those Gicar units replaced. Absolutely great service! Thank you!

Nick