Are you forced to regularly drink bad coffee? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Aaron

#11: Post by Aaron »

Forced to drink bad coffee...no. Needed to drink bad coffee just for the caffeine...yes. There are usually other beverage options; water, pop, juice. If you want good coffee you need to make it yourself.
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh

yakster
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by yakster »

True, there are other alternatives. The last time I was on a long roadtrip, I drank a can of cola for the first time in several months for the boost, since I knew that I wouldn't like the coffee. The soda was more palatable, but way to sticky sweet for my tastes.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

cafeIKE

#13: Post by cafeIKE »

jjoel wrote: I'm happy for the days where they brew it with Seattle's Best or with Millstone.
Also bad coffee.

vberch

#14: Post by vberch »

Look at it this way, at least it was only "2 k-cups" and not 2K cups :)
jzuzphreek wrote:Because of a recent double whammy of transferring departments and forgetting my Hario Skerton on vacation, I've resorted to drinking 2 k-cups in the last week out of sheer caffeine desperation. Lots of splenda and milk were involved. I grimaced through the whole half-cup I drank each time. I'm so ashamed I stooped so low. :oops:

Fortunately, the owner of the vacation house where we stayed is sending my grinder to me! She will definitely receive an A+ review once it's returned in working order!

jzuzphreek

#15: Post by jzuzphreek »

vberch wrote:Look at it this way, at least it was only "2 k-cups" and not 2K cups :)
"Always look at the bright side of life *whistle*" :lol:
Aaron wrote:Forced to drink bad coffee...no. Needed to drink bad coffee just for the caffeine...yes. There are usually other beverage options; water, pop, juice. If you want good coffee you need to make it yourself.
True, unfortunately, I'm pretty lazy and never carry change. So instead of a chemical laden Diet Coke from 5 floors down, I've subjected myself to this liquescent flagellation.

Hopefully, I'll have my grinder returned to me next week, and I can resume deciding between pour over or press each day. Maybe I'll even talk my wife into "surprising" me with an Aeropress or a Clever. 8)

LaDan

#16: Post by LaDan »

My mother in law. You can't say no to her or you'll hurt her feelings and then I'll have to sleep on the sofa. :(

But luckily her food and dessert are so awful that the coffee tastes good in comparison. :?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by yakster »

I bring my coffee and brewing gear when we go to the in-laws, and separately brew decaf for my MIL. They look forward to the coffee, though sometimes space is tight in the kitchen trying to make a little brew corner.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272