Need info on Grimac La Uno

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
TJMacGYver

#1: Post by TJMacGYver »

I need some information on this machine, I haven't been able to find much info on the internet, so thought I would ask here. I'm thinking about buying it, but it's hard to decide when I don't know anything about it.

I do know that it has only been brewing with bottled water :)

The price will be around 550$ but bear in mind that I live in denmark where everything is more expensive

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

I haven't used that particular model, but I would expect it to perform similar to its flashier cousin La Valentina. The models referred to as La Valentina / Levetta in the US are called Junior / Junior Plus overseas. You'll find more information on the BFC website. Grimac Royal Falcon Corp is a US importer based in New York.
Dan Kehn

TJMacGYver (original poster)

#3: Post by TJMacGYver (original poster) »

So is this machine a HX machine? I don't know ANYTHING about the different types, other than alot of people seem to be praising the HX models to the heavens :)

What do you think of the price? I might be able to haggle him down a little maybe around 520$

jesawdy

#4: Post by jesawdy »

Based on the picture, I am quite certain that it is an HX machine (although I don't have any direct experience with that particular machine). Without knowing age or condition, I think that $550 USD would be very reasonable if all is operational.
Jeff Sawdy

TJMacGYver (original poster)

#5: Post by TJMacGYver (original poster) »

Thank you for all your help, i ended up buying it :)

It hasn't been delivered though, but I'm very excited. Now I just need to get a good price for my FrancisFrancis X1, so that I can afford this one :)

So for me this is quite a "step-up"

pastortom

#6: Post by pastortom »

Hi
I just picked up the same machine...
I wonder what your experiences were and any advice you might have for me :)
Especially - did you get any joy finding a manual??
I'm completely new to professional gear... moving up from a mini Gaggia that retails new for £100
Do you have any maintenance routine that helps protect the life of this kind of machine?
Many thanks
Yours from London
Tom

Stefan_E

#7: Post by Stefan_E »

Did you check out the Grimac website mentioned above? You can find the manual there: http://www.espressomachinecatalog.com/v ... ca-1g.aspx

It's actually quite good, it also covers cleaning and maintenance.

Br,
Stefan

JY

#8: Post by JY »

I recently completed a rebuild on one, powder coating and all!

I'm happy with it, except for the steam wand that doesn't fully articulate(it only moves from side to side).
My machine came with a frothing device that seems to have been factory installed(it was also set up for pods), so that might explain the fixed wand.

I think the valve and wand from a Grimac Mia would fit this machine to achieve fully articulating movement, but parts for the Mia are limited in the US, and maybe just not worth the hassle.

Aside from that, it's a straight forward machine, and works well. It would probably be a pain to operate in a commercial setting, but does an excellent job at home! 2-3 shots a day no problem.

Here are the Parts Manual, and User's Manual.

-Jim