Water Magnetizer

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
sllo

#1: Post by sllo »

I was looking at various water softeners on google today and I came across this product http://www.microwaterman.com/Magnetizer ... tioner.htm

I searched on the forum but couldnt find any info. anyone has any experience with this magnets?
Do the really work or are they just BS?

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

I just wear an aluminum hat when I make espresso and that seems to take care of the problem along with annual sacrifices and a Mojo Hand from Brazil.

The page says, "As water molecules pass by the powerful, highly focused magnetic field, two things happen: molecules are polarized (organized) and the water takes on a net positive (+) charge." Hmmm... Nice, but it flooded the kitchen because water became magnetically stuck to my garbage disposal and wouldn't go down the drain.. :wink:
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

jlunavtgrad

#3: Post by jlunavtgrad »

Oddly enough I work with a few engineers that swear by these things. To me it seems like a placebo effect. I went with the softener setup sold by Chris coffee and I've been pleased. I got a titration water test kit and can prove my water is softened. Not sure a magnetizer would pass that test.

another_jim
Team HB

#4: Post by another_jim »

sllo wrote:I searched on the forum but couldnt find any info. anyone has any experience with this magnets?
Do the really work or are they just BS?
Every Anglophone municipal water authority's website of which I'm aware says they are ineffective. I do recall one English authority granting that some of their customers enjoyed having them around. So maybe they are more effective than pet rocks.
Jim Schulman

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by JohnB. »

Some interesting info on the subject here: http://www.chem1.com/CQ/magscams.html
LMWDP 267

yakster
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by yakster »

John,

Thanks for the link, looks like the author also considers Template Assisted Crystallization suspect as well.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/magscams.html
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Randy G.

#7: Post by Randy G. »

another_jim wrote: ...So maybe they are more effective than pet rocks.
"You bring that kinda' talk around there here parts and I'm pert' near prone to sick my dog, Quartzie on ya'!" :shock:
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

kschendel

#8: Post by kschendel »

The page says, "As water molecules pass by the powerful, highly focused magnetic field, two things happen: molecules are polarized (organized) and the water takes on a net positive (+) charge." ...
What nonsense. Water molecules are polarized by their nature, that's why water is such a good solvent, especially for ionic solutes. And, you can't impose a net positive charge unless you somehow manage to remove electrons; magnetism can induce charge movement but by itself has nothing to do with charges.

The unit may or may not do anything to affect water quality, but if it does, it has nothing to do with the magnet somehow polarizing or charging water molecules.