Would be grateful for some information about Rowenta ES 5100

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Kawha

#1: Post by Kawha »

Hello coffee gods with la pavonis and vivaldis on they're hands. im a young coffee enthusiast in studies with very low income and really low budget for coffee gear so i was wondering if its possible to get at least somewhat quality espresso shots with Rowenta machines, my friend uses a Rowenta ES 180 if im not mistaken and what comes out of that thing is not even anything close to espresso. The creme on that machine comes out really poor and the filter is not the best one you could have and its not changable. To be more accurate the model im trying to find more info about is Rowenta ES 5100. I have access to really great and fresh coffee beans that are roasted nor more than a week ago
Also would like to know is it somehow possible to use a naked portafilter on this particular machine or not.
And is this machine even any good to a wannabe barista... thank you for your answers in advance.

Edit: Don't think im gonna dedicate a new topic for this matter but also wanted to ask if Lavazza EP 800 uses ground coffee or lavazza coffee capsules? Thanks

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

http://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/hot_beverag ... bi-370724/

Is this the machine? If so you would be best served by looking elsewhere. That is a steam espresso machine and will not give you what you are looking for. Perhaps if you let us know what your budget is for a machine AND a grinder we could come up with suggestions.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Kawha (original poster)

#3: Post by Kawha (original poster) »

Nope. Thats not the model of the machine im trying to get my hands on http://www.zigzag.am/product.php?id=600523 This is the best info i could find on the web. Thats why im asking about it.

My budget is about 150 euros and as for a grinder i already use a zassenhaus one and i think im gonna take my time before switching to anything else. I do have one old pavoni and a baratza virtuoso waiting for my newbie hands but as i said that is simply out of my league and my wallet at the moment. I would like to start of with something simple and easy and move slowly to better gear at the end as we don't really have a single company in the country that sells nor fixes any of the professional machines and im honestly worried about messing up the machine which would drive me on ebay and make me pay a 60-100 euros shipping fee for every part i buy

Edit: I think it would be much more easier to ask me is it a good idea to buy a low cost machine that will not make the coffee i would like and would not give me the space to play around and learn or should i save up and get the la pavoni? The thing with the pavoni is that its second hand and used for about 6 months about 2-5 times a day. I don't know the seller and he could not tell me the model of the machine so i don't think its not in the best condition.

sweaner

#4: Post by sweaner »

Yes, Dan pointed out my dyslexia. I can't really tell if that machine is a boiler machine or a thermoblock machine, but I suspect the latter.

I would suggest looking for a Gaggia in your price range, maybe even a used one.
Scott
LMWDP #248