Help problem levelling Nuova Simonelli Appia

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
blade69

#1: Post by blade69 »

HELP

My Nuovi Simonelli Appia is teasing me.

My problem: During levelling the pump activates but it doesn't take in any water?
... If I activate the pump it delivers water from the grouphead so the pump is working.

So I tried to enter the programming settings to try and deactivate the pump during levelling and then activate it again - BUT

After I turn on the machine the pump engages (to level) and so if I press the "continues button" together with the "double espresso button" it doesn't enter the programming mode - instead it just starts drawing water from the grouphead???

What am I doing wrong HELP

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

Boiler auto-fill will cause the pump to run even when you are not in attendance.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Advertisement
allon

#3: Post by allon »

To expand slightly, the pump is used to overcome boiler pressure, particularly useful when running off a tank instead of from a pressurized municipal source.

This also leads to the oft seen reports of problems with "my pump is running constantly" -- when the autofill solenoid fails, the sensor will trigger autofill (which turns on the pump) but no water enters the boiler so the sensor never registers "full" and the fill condition persists.

Hth.
LMWDP #331