New Andreja owner needs milk steaming advice (and pep talk) - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jebez
Supporter

#31: Post by Jebez »

I've been the happy owner of a Quickmill Andreja (newly designed model) since this past April - except for my less than ideal steaming technique. Practice as I have, on a scale of one to ten, the best I could do would be about a 4. I'd have to concur with others regarding consistency. Some days, the results are acceptable, and other days not.

I recently read an interesting post here regarding preferred steaming pitcher shapes (What steaming pitcher shape do you prefer?) - and it got me to thinking that perhaps my rather inexpensive, straight-sided pitcher might be the culprit. I ordered up a 12 oz. Motta (Italian Pro) from Mary at Chris' Coffee, and after only a week of using this beauty, I can't praise it enough!

Right from the start, I was able to raise the quality of my steamed milk at least three notches. After only a few days, I'm easily able to achieve near perfect micro-foam.

As a side note: I get the best results when I don't turn the the steam knob all the way up. I bring it up just past the point when the wand begins to produce steam. This model came equipped with the four-hole steam tip.

Sometimes, you DO get what you pay for. This is the best $40 I've ever spent!

Cheers!