Opinions of built-in espresso machines like Miele, Bosch, Thermador and Dacor - Page 7

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Kath4124

#61: Post by Kath4124 »

Marshall wrote:With that many different people using a single machine at different times of day, consider a capsule/pod system like the Nespresso (several manufacturers). Particularly with older folks, there is usually a big demand for decaf. Capsule machines allow you to instantly swap decaf for regular and serve normal espresso sizes or larger "lungos," just by selecting a capsule.
Great point about the decaf requirements! I had forgotten about that. Is the capsule or pod like a tea bag, with fresh (ish?) ground coffee inside a filter bag?

Hmm.. about that Nespresso option, sounds like I'd better do some taste-testing...

Marshall

#62: Post by Marshall replying to Kath4124 »

Watch their online videos. You can sample them in person here: http://www1.nespresso.com/precom/contac ... =Vancouver

If you're not wedded to espresso, the Keurig systems are another popular choice for multi-user households.
Marshall
Los Angeles

Uoga

#63: Post by Uoga »

Hello everyone,

After browsing some forum topics, this one looked like the one I need. But my questions is a bit more specific that the one originaly posted by "Elvis" :) I don't want a fully automated machine, like Miele etc., but I do want a buil-in model that fits nicely in my new very modern kitchen furniture. Espresso is enough, no need for fancy capuccinos etc. Are there such machines on the market in the reasonable price rage (let's say up to 2000$/€)?
Thanks for the advice!

zin1953

#64: Post by zin1953 »

Off the top-of-my-head -- at 6:30 am, sipping my first coffee of the day -- I cannot think of a built-in espresso machine that is not a super-automatic. Hopefully, IF there is such a beast, someone else will know of one . . . I certainly do not.

Cheers,
Jason
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

Bluecold

#65: Post by Bluecold »

IKEA has one. I saw it. It didn't inspire confidence. Looked like a small low-end device in a very large case. Didn't include a grinder.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Lowellw2

#66: Post by Lowellw2 »

I think Salvatore does built ins but they may be rather higher end. Try salvatore-espresso.com. As they are all hand crafted any style would be possible and he does semi autos, and e61s. They have a 6 year warranty.

boar_d_laze

#67: Post by boar_d_laze »

If you must have a "built in" look, you're better off with a niche which will hold and display a countertop machine (or machine and grinder) you like, than "built in" installation of a machine which doesn't satisfy your needs.

2000 Euro is a fair amount of money to spend on espresso gear, you should be able to get something which does what you want fairly well. From a purely coffee standpoint you can do better with machine and grinder separates than with a super automatic. Separates might not suit your design and convenience desires quite as well, but there are always trade offs.

Even though you don't want "milk," milk is a priority design consideration of better super-automatics. If you buy a super automatic with the quality and flexibility to make decent coffee, a lot of the money you spend is going to to the machine's capacity to do milk. For good or ill, that's the market.

Salvatore is a small, nearly custom maker, located near Santa Barbara, California. He might not be the best choice for someone living in Germany.

How much is 2000 Euro in Greek bonds?

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

tjkoko

#68: Post by tjkoko »

It's THE Salvatore that I might like to get as a move-up from the manual lever machines that I've owned. I'm looking to make great caps and lattes.

alias 'kokopuffs' from some other universe, BDL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TJK

Jeff
Team HB

#69: Post by Jeff »

A little hard to come by, but if I wanted built-in espresso, I'd go for
Faema Wall Mount Ready to Go
Faema Veloxtermo wall mount espresso machine

boar_d_laze

#70: Post by boar_d_laze »

Hi Koko!

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator