HB Second Anniversary Celebration! - Page 3

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Worldman

#21: Post by Worldman »

Happy Birthday dear Home Bar---iiiiist----aaaa, Happy Birthdaaaaay...toooooooo....youuuuuuuuuu!

Len

FredtheWhale

#22: Post by FredtheWhale »

Happy Birthday!

I've been lurking for a while but greatly appreciate the information and calibre of your site. You've really created an amazing resource and great community.

Btw, when's the announcement? I've been given the green light to buy something shiny ... Woo Hoo!

cafeIKE

#23: Post by cafeIKE »

FredtheWhale wrote:I've been given the green light to buy something shiny ... Woo Hoo!
Be careful! "something shiny" usually means gold or diamonds

FredtheWhale

#24: Post by FredtheWhale »

darn. you're probably right. she doesn't drink coffee.
we're already married; so, she couldn't want a ring.

maybe she needs a new mirror, or a vacuum :lol:

we're redoing (gutting) our kitchen. i was talking to the contractor today and getting extra wood because i anticipated needing to cover up the holes later when we sold the house. and she said "why don't you just buy it now so that they can run the lines properly."

i just looked at her blankly. i did clarify later. :roll:

Compass Coffee

#25: Post by Compass Coffee »

FredtheWhale wrote:we're already married; so, she couldn't want a ring.
How long married? For our twentieth going on 7 years ago gave Debi an upgrade, 2ct marq' cut with 1.62ctw baguette/round cut double row ring guard. That bought me a whole bunch of coffee toy credits! Unfortunately those credits have expired so no GS3 in my future. :lol: (Not to mention current financial situation very different than it was then...)

Oh, and congrats Dan & HB on another great year :!: Thanks for making this site happen.
Mike McGinness

HB (original poster)
Admin

#26: Post by HB (original poster) »

UPDATE: Sorry, the anniversary celebration deals are over!

Below are the Anniversary Celebration deals from the HB sponsors for the weekend of April 27th-29th.

In addition to the specials, Intelligentsia Coffee Roasters is also sponsoring a drawing for a six-month subscription to their Roaster's Choice Program! You're automatically entered when you order from them during the celebration weekend, or you can enter without purchase by SASE to Intelligentsia (see below for details). Matt Riddle will draw the winner on May 4th.

1st-line equipment
  • Happy Birthday HB! The deals are over, but we'll be back next year!
  • Mazzer Mini Timer ETL (aluminum) $429
  • Mazzer Mini P Timer ETL (lucidata = polished aluminum) $429
  • Mazzer Super Jolly ETL (black) $469
  • Mazzer Mini E - Type B ETL (black) $609
  • Macap M4C83 (chrome, doser) $379
  • Macap M4C83C (chrome, doserless) $359
  • La Pavoni EPG-8 espresso machine $679
  • Elektra A3 espresso machine $2495
  • Elektra T1 espresso machine $2695
  • Elektra GL espresso machine $2795
  • Elektra GL1 espresso machine $2995
  • Cimbali Junior DT1 espresso machine $2850 - Free Cimbali Junior Grinder with purchase
  • La Spaziale Vivaldi S1V1 espresso machine $1595
  • Bezzera BZ02 models $50 off (3 of 4 models, semi excluded)
  • Isomac Mondiale (vibe) espresso machine $1295
  • Note: These specials CANNOT be retroactively applied to previous purchases.
Chris' Coffee Service
  • Shipping charges and fittings vary for the following; you must e-mail over the weekend reserve your discount. For the Elektra A3, Elektra T1, and Cimbali Junior DT1, your e-mail must include (a) Complete deliver to address, (b) Is that address a business or residence?, and (c) If a business is there a loading dock? Chris will call you on Monday to finalize the order.
  • Elektra A3 $2,350 plus shipping E-MAIL to place order
  • Elektra T1 $2,495 plus shipping E-MAIL to place order
  • Cimbali Junior DT1 $2,495 plus shipping E-MAIL to place order
  • The following include shipping:
  • La Spaziale Vivaldi II $1895 E-MAIL to place order
    includes Timer $185 value, Softening System $105 value, Bottomless portafilter $59 value
  • Cimbali Junior Grinder $450 coupon code = HBB10000
  • Quickmill Alexia with Jim Gallt PID controller installed $1,075 E-MAIL to place order
  • Quickmill Vetrano $100 off coupon code = HBBV100
  • Izzo Alex $100 off coupon code = HBBAX100
  • 15% off all Bumper products coupon code = HBBB15
EspressoParts.com
  • Shop the espresso tamp Mecca and official supplier of the Home-Barista.com tamper! See our "Happy Birthday HB" page for more weekend specials.
  • Scace Thermofilter with Bottomless PF included $199.00
  • Mazzer Mini Professional Espresso Grinder w/ Doser & Timer - Non ETL/UL Unit $425
  • Mazzer Mini Electric Automatic Espresso Grinder - Type A or B - $665
  • Mazzer Kony Conical Burr Espresso Grinder w/ Doser $1368
  • Mazzer Robur Conical Burr Espresso Grinder w/ Doser $2111.85
  • Yama 5 Cup Vacpot Tabletop Coffee Siphon & Vacuum Pot $49.87
Caffe Fresco
  • Free Shipping ($8.30) on Fresco's Mamma Mia packages
  • $1.50 off 16 Oz bags of Daterra Estate' Espresso Reserve
  • Free $10 Gift Certificate w/purchase of a $100 Gift Certificate.
  • All offers include Fresco Be A Star promo. No coupon code, discount is automatic.
Counter Culture Coffee
  • Happy 2nd Birthday to our friends at Home-Barista.com! Let's celebrate with great coffee! We're offering two coupons available exclusively to H-B members:
  • Coupon code HB2 - $4.00 towards your online purchase
  • Coupon code HB2007 - 10% off your online purchase
Great Infusions
  • A huge accessory sale! Pitchers, baskets, decalcifier, espresso cleaner, ibrik - all prices 25% off for HB members. Only for April 27th to 29th. Note: Must use "HB specials" page to receive discount!
Intelligentsia Coffee Roasters
  • Use the coupon code HB-2YEAR in the coupon code field of their cart for any order over $25 will receive a FREE Intelligentsia Winged Demitasse
  • Every order placed that uses the above coupon will be entered into a drawing for a FREE 6 month subscription to our Roaster's Choice Program.
  • To enter by mail without purchase, send a SASE with your name, address, phone, and email to: Home-Barista 2nd Anniversary c/o Matt Riddle, Intelligentsia Coffee, 1850 W. Fulton St., Chicago, IL 60612. Entries must be received by May 4. LIMIT ONE MAIL-IN ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD.
Paradise Roasters
  • In celebration of HB's first anniversary, we will offer free shipping on all orders from April 27th to 29th by entering 'HB Birthday' in the comments box at checkout. The discount will be applied when the order is processed.

Rocket Coffee Roasters
  • Wishing Home-Barista.com a Happy 2nd Anniversary and many more to come! Rocket Coffee Roasters is happy to offer FREE SHIPPING on our Espresso Sampler package. Please enter coupon code HB1 at checkout
Dan Kehn

HB (original poster)
Admin

#27: Post by HB (original poster) »

I addition to the "teaser" specials above, 1st-line and espressoparts.com are offering more on their "happy birthday HB!" pages...

Home-Barista.com 2nd Anniversary Specials at 1st-Line Equipment

(Click image to see more specials)
Dan Kehn

peacecup

#28: Post by peacecup »

When I began looking for information on how to improve my espresso just about three years ago it was difficult to find. HB is probably solely responsible for doubling the quality :D and quantity :shock: of home-brewed espresso, and it now has members around the world. Its a pleasure to be part of it. THANKS DAN!

And espresso aside (if that's possible) it is one of the best-designed web forums that I am aware of.

Peace,

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

Cathi

#29: Post by Cathi replying to peacecup »

I'll second that. Great site, great people. Thanks just doesn't cover it, but thanks just the same. :D
Cathi
LMWDP #113

HB (original poster)
Admin

#30: Post by HB (original poster) »

Thanks everyone, it's been a fun two years. And to give credit where credit is due, HB is a collective effort of many individuals:
  • Team HB - Abe Carmeli, Steve Robinson, Jeff Sawdy, Jim Schulman, Dave Stephens, Chris Tacy, and John Weiss plus advisers Sean Lennon and Bob Roseman.
  • Authors - Abe Carmeli, Ken Fox, Jon Rosenthal, Greg Scace, Jim Schulman, Dave Stephens, Chris Tacy, Lino Verna, Mike Walsh, and Bob Yellin.
  • Contributors - without the regular contributions of expertise and insight, the forums would falter. I owe a debt of gratitude to all the forum contributors. My special thanks go out to contributors Team HB, Ken Fox, Barry Jarrett, Eric Svendson, Mike McGinness, Greg Moore, Greg Scace, Andy Schecter, Timo888, and Lino Verna.
  • Community - some members join and offer a few pearls of wisdom in their first week, never to be heard from again, others contribute their experience and opinion daily; the site's FAQs and Favorites lists over 200 of the best discussion threads to-date. I am grateful to those who have initiated and contributed to these noteworthy discussions.
  • Sponsors - without sponsor support, there would be no reviews, no Bench, and no contest prizes. I sincerely appreciate their support of the online espresso community, tolerance of my frequent cajoling for prizes, and enthusiasm for HB projects.
:!: Speaking of prizes, don't forget that in addition to the discounts from sponsors listed above, Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea is giving away a free six month Roaster's Choice subscription as part of the weekend celebration! You're entered automatically if you order with the Intelligentsia coupon code above, or without purchase by sending a SASE postmarked this weekend (see details above).
Dan Kehn