E61 Group Espresso Machine: Detailed Interior Schematics

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
lino

#1: Post by lino »

As per Dan's request, I've made some display pics of the ProE CAD model I made of an E 61 assembly.

Transparent body, lever and valves in brew position

Transparent body, lever and valves in off position

Cross Section, off angle, lever and valves in brew position

Cross Section, lever and valves in brew position

Transparent body, Iso view, lever and valves in brew position

Transparent, Cross Section, off angle, lever and valves in brew position

Cross Section, lever and valves in off position

I'm also working on a movie of the moving parts (showing when you move the lever how the valves are actuated.... That's going slow)

I'll also try and do some close ups of the water path around the gicleur as well.

ciao

lino
★ Helpful

Designer

#2: Post by Designer »

Cool!! Really great! :D
Keven

Abe Carmeli
Team HB

#3: Post by Abe Carmeli »

Lino,

Wow, I've never seen it as clear as I see it now.
Abe Carmeli

bruce

#4: Post by bruce »

Lino,

Great pictures! Your CAD model is very impressive. What version of ProE did you use? Would you be willing to share the file? I am getting trained on ProE in a couple of weeks- it would be great to have something FUN to practice on!

Bruce

lino (original poster)

#5: Post by lino (original poster) replying to bruce »

Hi Bruce,

This was modeled in 2001 and Wildfire2, currently it's all WF2

I'm afraid I'm a little reluctant to share the files right now... I'm still a little torn on the "open source" vs proprietary issue... For now I'm going to defer that decision...

That's great you're going to get ProE training next week! I agree that something fun to work on is a great idea. I recommend picking your own thing to model. You'll have more pride in it and you'll understand it better. It's very hard to work on a model behind someone else, since there are hundreds of ways to get the same end result. I am always frustrated when I have to work with a model that was made by my co-worker, he's a ProE whiz and I've been working with him for years, but we drive each other nuts when either of us has to work with the others work....

Anyway, best of luck to you , and I hope the training goes well. And now back to our regular espresso program...

On that note, I'm working on a thermal model of the grouphead... Given a fixed temp at the input (thermosyphon) what's the temp around the rest of the group.... (all steady state, can't analyze a "flush" right now)
I just got "thermal" yesterday, so I'm still learing the ropes... Dont expect anything fast... heh, or good.

ciao

lino

schaffran

#6: Post by schaffran »

At the risk of continuing to drag this OT, I really like the images--great job!

I've been driving Pro/E for 15! years <no really> and Wildfire for 8 months-- handy and powerful tools if you take the time to learn and play with them.

And back on topic, I just got an Anita a week ago--the cutaways are a really great way to see how the new toy works. I'll be looking for the thermal models. (What tool are you using for that?)

Again, great job and thanks!

Dean

cannonfodder
Team HB

#7: Post by cannonfodder »

Makes me feel dated. The last CAD job I had I was using AutoCAD V8 I think. The solid modeling module was new. I used Sun SPARC 2 workstations for some of the modeling and they were the big bad box back then. Now my PDA is just about as fast.

Now onto something more pertinent, I see how the assembly works but I am missing the brew water input from the HX. The thermosyphon is obvious as well as the brew path but I cannot make out the HX input into the cam cavity. I am sure I am staring at it and just not recognizing it. Anyone want to help educate me?

lino (original poster)

#8: Post by lino (original poster) »

cannonfodder wrote: Now onto something more pertinent, I see how the assembly works but I am missing the brew water input from the HX. The thermosyphon is obvious as well as the brew path but I cannot make out the HX input into the cam cavity. I am sure I am staring at it and just not recognizing it. Anyone want to help educate me?
Most easily seen in the 3rd pic. The water path goes up thru 4 small holes (just above conical section of mushroom, you can see two in the x-sec). Into the "Nut" on the top, thru a small mesh filter, then down thru the gicleur, into the center cam area... I'll try to post another pic that makes it more clear tonight.

Regarding the Thermal FEA, I've got PTC's integrated module... We'll see if it's worth its salt (or price tag...)

ciao

lino

espressoDOM

#9: Post by espressoDOM »

wow... that is too much like what I do for a living... NICE CAD representation.... I need to get a home CAD software and a powerful scope

another_jim
Team HB

#10: Post by another_jim »

These are wonderful!