Compak K-10 grinder, availability, opinions? - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Ken Fox

#41: Post by Ken Fox »

affas wrote:Have you tried the grinder now?

How are the first impressions?
We both like it. We have posted on this grinder quite a lot on several different threads including the Titan Grinder Project thread, and Jim on his Knockbox forum "can it beat the robur" thread.

ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

zin1953

#42: Post by zin1953 »

Any updated information on the Compak? Several people here mentioned that they were going to set up US distribution as of September 2007 . . .
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

JV

#43: Post by JV »

Any updated information on getting the Compak K10 WBC in USA?

jesawdy

#44: Post by jesawdy »

JV wrote:Any updated information on getting the Compak K10 WBC in USA?
From the CG thread, Where to get Compak Grinders?:
wogaut wrote:CROSSROADS ESPRESSO - http://www.coffeestuff.com or contact Mr. Jim Glang at: jglang 'at' crossroads-espresso.com

Also Wega said they sell them.
The grinder is not on the Crossroads website, but the thread was recently updated with a price on a K-10 from Crossroads (not sure about WBC version). Pics from the HOST show in Milan showed a WEGA grinder that was some version of the Compak as well.
Jeff Sawdy

zin1953

#45: Post by zin1953 »

Crossroads Espresso -- http://www.coffeestuff.com -- has the K10 for $649, according to the email I received from brandy {at} crossroads-espresso.com

Ken Fox

#46: Post by Ken Fox replying to zin1953 »

Compak has a very large line of grinders. The numbering of them can be confusing.

I would be astonished if they were selling the WBC (or non-WBC) CONICAL K10 grinder for much less than twice that price. The wholesale price in Euros, at current exchange rates, is close to 1.5X $649.

ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

zin1953

#47: Post by zin1953 »

Me, too, but that's what brandy said in the email.

Brandy Smyth <brandy {at} crossroads-espresso.com> wrote:
Jason,

Yes we do have compak grinders. How many are you in need of?

Specifications K-10 Conic
Motor Power (watt) 490
R.p.m. 400
Grinding Discs (mm) Conical burrs 68mm
Espresso Area Standard
Stepless micrometrical adjustment Standard
Automatic Stop Optional
Coffee counter Optional
Telescopic Stop Optional
Production (Kg/h / Lb/h)* 16-18 / 35-39
Operational cycles* 20' + 10' stop
Voltage (V) 110/220/240/380
Hopper capacity (g) 1700
Capacity ground coffee (g) 300
Dispenser ring Aluminium
Dispenser material Polished aluminium
Dispenser lever position Right or left
Net weight (kg) 17
Height-width-depth (mm) 635/210/365

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
And the price is . . .

Brandy Smyth <brandy {at} crossroads-espresso.com> wrote:
Oh sorry, 649.00. Please let me know either way.
Cheers,
Jason

narc

#48: Post by narc »

Has anyone purchased a Compak K10 from http://www.coffeestuff.com ? Checked out their webpage. Still no info on the Compak. Email. Same response as above. $649 price. Re-emailed and received confirmation on the price plus shipping cost to my home. Initial reviews on this 68mm conical burr grinder seem very positive. At this price point compared to a Robur it's a real deal. Assuming it has Mazzer durability.

Has anyone purchased equipment from this company. Was wondering if their customer service is on par with companies like chriscoffee and 1st-line?
LMWDP #151

narc

#49: Post by narc »

Talked with Tera Schmeling at crossroads-espresso (http://www.coffeestuff.com). The price of the non WBC Compak K10 is $649 + shipping. If you would like a unit she gave me a phone number to place an order. 1-800-552-4424. If you connect to the auto answer use extension 512.
LMWDP #151

ByronA

#50: Post by ByronA »

I bought a used Compak K-5. It is a really solid commercial grinder, well made, large, and is I think the bottom end of their commercial units. It is no longer being made. My only complaint with it really, is that it is stepped. I will probably modify that in order to get better results, but I'm not complaining. I just want better. I don't know about the K-3, but I wouldn't hesitate buying any of the others. I dream of having a K-10 with it's conical burrs.

I doubt I could get the K-10 for that kind of money in Canada, and the budget is used up for buying a new grinder for now, but that sounds like an excellent price. Jump at it, before they raise the price. I suspect they are trying to break into the North American market. They are quite popular down under.