Wiring diagram for KitchenAid Proline espresso machine

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
PacMan

#1: Post by PacMan »

Just picked up a used Kitchenaid proline espresso maker at a "I had to do it" price. Cleaned it up, ordered the appropriate missing parts and now I'm ready to add the typical Gaggia Classic mods (pid, silvia steam wand, pre heat coil). The one thing I'm trying work through now is how the chip and relay inside determines which of the two boilers to send current to and if I could set up the PID as I did on my classic without having any issues. There are a few descriptions of this being done but nothing detailed so I figured I'd try a few things and see which worked best. Before I pull out the multimeter and start tracing everything again I wanted to see if anyone had a source for the wiring diagrams that I could use as a starting point. Thanks.

SJM

#2: Post by SJM »

PacMan (original poster)

#3: Post by PacMan (original poster) »

Fantastic, thanks!

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by pizzaman383 »

These pictures show how I hooked up my PID.
https://plus.google.com/photos/11355936 ... 6602275073
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

PacMan (original poster)

#5: Post by PacMan (original poster) »

Thanks. I did run across your posts over at gaggia user group.

From a functional standpoint, does power go to both the steam boiler and the brew boiler at the same time? Or, does the relay still dictate which boiler gets power.

wasabipeas

#6: Post by wasabipeas »

Can you tell me what I need to do to get the Silvia steam wand to install easily on the KitchenAid? I bought one awhile ago to put on my KitchenAid but it's not fitting together securely so I went back to the original steam wand arm in the meantime.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by pizzaman383 »

PacMan wrote:From a functional standpoint, does power go to both the steam boiler and the brew boiler at the same time? Or, does the relay still dictate which boiler gets power.
Those pictures cover where to put the PID into the brew boiler wiring. The relay dictates which boiler gets power. I rerouted the wiring feeding the steam boiler so that it bypasses the relay entirely. I only use the steam boiler infrequently so I put in a switch that keeps the steam boiler off except when I want steam.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”