Where to service my Rancilio Silvia

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rengel

#1: Post by rengel »

Hi guys, I've got an original (5 years old) Rancilio Silvia and Rocky Grinder combination and would like to have the Silvia serviced as I think the seal is going under the group head. (water comes out of the side when pouring a coffee. Are there any places in Pennsylvania or closer to Malvern, Wayne, Devon area in PA that service these machines? Thanks

Ralph

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

Scott
LMWDP #248

Advertisement
rengel (original poster)

#3: Post by rengel (original poster) »

Thanks for the quick reply Scott.. so would you recommend "DYI" or take it to a service center?

hipporun

#4: Post by hipporun replying to rengel »

I would recommend doing it your self. If you bought it used and it way in meh condition, that's when I'd take it to a service station. Since your the original, assuming you have taken good care of it you probably only need to replace some gaskets, maybe descaling would be a good idea too. I'm sure you can find some good, detailed guides online if you do not have experience disassembling the machine. (That is disassemble it as much as you have to to replace group gaskets)

rengel (original poster)

#5: Post by rengel (original poster) »

Yup,machine is in great condition... very well looked after. Sounds like the gasket replacement will resolve it. Thanks!