What size is my espresso filter basket?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RickG

#1: Post by RickG »

I purchased a used Crossland CC1. It arrived with two espresso filter baskets. I believe one is a single and one is a double. I want to make sure I am using the appropriate dose for these filter baskets but I cannot seem to find any filters with the same logo via google search. Does anyone recognize the manufacturer logo and possibly the dose size for these filter baskets? I have been dosing the larger double basket with 18g.

I have considered upgrading to an 18g VST filter basket. Would you recommend the VST filter baskets over whatever filter basket I now have.

Advertisement
blinker

#2: Post by blinker »

I usually dose 18 grams in the stock CC1 double basket and have dosed in the mid to high 18s with no issues. It would depend on what coffee you use whether it is light or medium or dark roasted. I use Redbird Espresso 90% of the time, which is roasted to rich medium. I would save the money and invest in other tools like a scale or naked portafilter instead of the VST basket if you already didn't have them.

RickG (original poster)

#3: Post by RickG (original poster) »

Does your stock Crossland CC1 basket look like mine? I purchased my Crossland CC1 used so I am unsure whether the filter baskets I have are stock or aftermarket. The F logo makes me think that they are not the stock Crossland CC1 filter baskets, which is why I was unsure of the dose size.

I already purchaed a scale. It was the best investment in espresso quality I have made to date.

brianl

#4: Post by brianl »

I recommend the vst for light roasts and for how consistent they are. Harder to use but I find them easiest to use of all my baskets, go figure ha.

blinker

#5: Post by blinker »

My stock baskets are identical to yours.