Vibiemme problem with brew pressure while resting

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mike b

#1: Post by mike b »

I've combed the boards and can't see anyvibiemme problem similar to this:

Turn on the machine, let it warm up for about 45 min. brew pressure is resting at 2. Temp is about 223. Steam works fine. Pull up brew lever and the pump turns on, but no water comes out. If I run it long enough, the temp goes down to about 200 and only then will water comes out, and the brew pressure increases to about 6. this is without any portafilter in. At this point, once I let the temp rise again, then I can run the machine and dispense espresso, with the pressure increase to 10.5-11. but once I'm done, the pressure drops to 2 and after a moment, if I want to make another drink, I have to run the machine and let the temp drop again etc. I just had a new pump put in just a week ago, and this has been happening for the past year or so. Every once in a while, the pressure will be around 6, and when I pull the lever, water comes out. Whenever the pressure is at 2, I know that I will have to do that routine of running it until the temp goes down. Any ideas? Anyway, thanks again for reading.

mb

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

Turn on the machine, let it warm up for about 45 min. brew pressure is resting at 2.
That is a reasonable warm-up time but the brew pressure reading at this point is not relevant.

You need to remove your dispersion screen and clean, clean, clean. Any time you lift the lever to the "brew" position, water should flow essentially immediately from the grouphead.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com