Vibiemme Domobar Super Junior HX or DB? - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JmanEspresso

#11: Post by JmanEspresso »

I really hope someone makes an aftermarket PID for the Junior Double Boiler. Even if it was a dual PID, I bet the price would still be nicely under 2K.

PID or not, I think the Junior Double Boiler would make a nice review here... Id bet a lot of people who have/are upgraded to a double boiler considered the VBM JR DB pretty closely.

... Put a PID on that machine, and it would probably be one of the most popular prosumer double boiler out there... IMHPO

1st-line
Sponsor

#12: Post by 1st-line »

Just put some specs/features on these machines late last week....

Vibiemme Junior Double Boiler

Vibiemme Junior Heat Exchanger

I also started a writeup with 2 diagrams on some design differences between an HX and a DB. In the past 2 months, I have had to do a lot of explaining to newbies that a HX machine can extract espresso and steam milk at the same time. Most newbies think only a DB machine can do this. I welcome anyone's feedback to my sales email address as this page is currently work in progress.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

kitt

#13: Post by kitt replying to 1st-line »

The spec's look good Jim, I'm in New Zealand where we have the junior HX model in a 1.45l version, but no DB model.On the HX model page on your website the listed features under asterisks still lists the boiler size as 1.8l

lostinla

#14: Post by lostinla »

erics wrote:I would say 45 minutes minimum - put the machine on a good digital timer. I have had Anita on a digital timer for years and she goes on at 5:30 AM - 1st cappy at around 7:00 AM. You will have the opportunity to check the temperature stabilization "first hand". Boiler water temperature responds relatively quickly; grouphead temperature relatively slow.
Eric,
Thanks for the advice .... I'll turn the machine on tomorrow first thing and give it a decent warm up.
What timer do you use? I started looking for one on the web, but I'm struggling to find ones that could handle an espresso machines current load.
Thanks,
Dave

erics
Supporter ★

#15: Post by erics »

An Intermatic DT17 - which I see was subject to a recall - THANKS for asking.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09119.html
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

cafeIKE

#16: Post by cafeIKE »

lostinla wrote:What timer do you use?
Intermatic DT-27C is nice because you can turn it on and off by pushing on the front panel

lostinla

#17: Post by lostinla »

I bought a DT620CL .... and discovered I already had a DT27 as a lamp timer. The DT620 is easier to program with the knob to twist to dial in the numbers. Both take a fair bit of time to set up with DST info. All done now and good to go.

Now that I have the thermometer I have discovered it does take around 40+ mins to warm up and that the wait is worth it. Much better espresso .... part of the learning I guess.

I have it set up at 202 during infusion. It sometimes starts a bit higher (seen 212), but soon stabilizes at 202. I assume that is about right? The adjustment of the machine is a bit sensitive, but easy enough. A small tweak up in temp from factory settings sorted me out.

Thanks all for the guidance! Much appreciated.