Used Wega Mini Nova not working, help much appreciated

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Musaeus

#1: Post by Musaeus »

Hi friends

My name is Anders and I recently decided to try and jump on the rollercoaster ride of good coffee/espresso (needless to say I am a newbie in every sense of the word on this one)... I therefore bought a second hand Wega Mini Nova V-WX and thought I was ready to get on board and buckle in but it turns out I am still queuing for tickets as the machine is not working properly... :cry:

I have looked at previous discussions on this forum and think I have an idea of what may be the issue but if anyone here could confirm/de-confirm and give a bit of advice I would be extremely grateful!

So, I experience the 2 following issues:
1. Boiler doesn't reach min. pressure even after 30minutes. It only gets to around 0.6Bar (working range 1-1.3Bar)
2. When starting to brew the coffee doesn't run through if I compress the ground coffee the tiniest bit. A green lamp (indicating too high pressure, I think) comes on and nothing comes out.

Starting with the second issue, I suppose this is due to the OPV not being adjusted correctly (from reading other posts)? Can anyone tell me how it looks on the picture below (or where to find it?)?

Concerning the first point, I noticed that there is steam (and some water) coming from the valve shown on the picture. I assume that this is not intended and the valve should be replaced? Anyone know which type of valve this is?

Oh, and one more thing. As seen on the picture below, there is a buildup of some sort on the pipe connecting with the boiler - I can scrape some of it off and it seems to be minerals of some sort (I assume from water) so it may be due to a leak - any thoughts here?

Thank you all in advance for any help!!

Anders

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

As a start, see the WEGA manuals here: /downloads/
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Musaeus (original poster)

#3: Post by Musaeus (original poster) »