Used Fiorenzato Bricoletta loses pressure? - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
roccster (original poster)

#11: Post by roccster (original poster) »

Will take some pics tomorrow when the lighting is better.

When it comes to mechanically inclined, im not scared of getting my hands dirty, although I have never worked in an espresso machine before. But it looks rather logical, and it is fun getting to know how it actually works. Would be even more fun if my body wasn't screaming after a nice latte at the same time ;). Would be nice with a component scheme though.

Well maybe you can describe the parts when the pics are up :)

brgds
/ Richard

erics
Supporter ★

#12: Post by erics »

Well maybe you can describe the parts when the pics are up
I can and I will but you could also use the search function of this site and come up with these:

search.php?keywords=fiorenzato&terms=al ... t=0&ch=300

search.php?keywords=bricoletta&terms=al ... t=0&ch=300

You could also try "fiorenzato pictures" or "bricoletta pictures" - I am NOT a search function wizard and perhaps someone else seeing this will assist.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Advertisement

#13: Post by roccster (original poster) »

Thanks alot Eric i really appreciate the help. Another quick q, since the former owner claims it worked fine, can the pstat break by the machine being transported?

erics
Supporter ★

#14: Post by erics »

A first answer to that question is "No". But, we have all known of, and seen pictures of, machines damaged during shipping and many years ago I received a PC where the graphics card had partially moved out of its slot.

So, a good first check before you break out the wrenches would be to ensure that all the wiring from the pstat to the relay to the heating element has a reasonably tight fit. This should be checked with the machine off and unplugged.
Skål,

Eric S.

#15: Post by roccster (original poster) »

Absolutley worth a try, Eric. Will check all the cables tomorrow (and I am supose to be a computer engineer) ;)

Here are the images, a q off topic, Eric. Are you from Sweden?

Left side:

Back:

P-stat:

Pump:

Right side:

Top:

erics
Supporter ★

#16: Post by erics »

I am in the process of naming some "stuff" in your pics but what is interesting here is that this Bric utilizes a regular MA-TER pstat which controls a closely mounted relay for the heating element. That pstat/electrics are similar/identical to those employed on the non-PID Bezzera BZ07.

Watch the operation of this relay under very low light as operation is nearly silent. You will see a small flash when the contacts open as "set pressure" is attained.
Skål,

Eric S.

#17: Post by roccster (original poster) »

I think there is another problem. I actually cant hear the machine filling with water. Isn't it suppose to fill the first thing it does?

When turning on the machine I only hear a brief click. Shouldn't I be able to pour tea-water, even if it is not yet heated (if there where any water in the tank)?

Also, where do I find the water-measure stick, end magnet valve for checking water-level?

/ Richard

Advertisement
Paul_Pratt

#18: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Hi Richard,

Nice machine BTW. I'd go with Eric's suggestion, the p-stat and relay need to be changed. Relay looks a bit black - but that could be just a guess based on the photo.

On another note I REALLY hope that a cover for that relay is missing and not like that as standard! Quite shocking :o

Paul

#19: Post by roccster (original poster) »

Really nice, would be even nicer if it worked :(

Feel like Im fumbling in the dark right now. Think I might just check it in for service and see what the heck is wrong, and If I can afford to repair it...

Any thoughts on the water not filling?

erics
Supporter ★

#20: Post by erics »

Some annotated pics:

Yes, NORMALLY, when you turn on a cold machine, the boiler goes through a brief fill cycle but that also depends a lot on what went on prior to shutdown. For example, if you used the hot water valve and the boiler just refilled when hot, then the level differential between hot & cold may not have reached the "trigger" point.

The Finder relay board simply slips out of the tray which is held onto that standard MA-TER pstat so the parts are very likely available separately.
Skål,

Eric S.