Updated mypressi Twist - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Psyd

#11: Post by Psyd »

Which addresses all of my concerns.
Stephen's customer service is where I point when someone asks me what I think should be done about a customer complaint or issue. I've very seldom seen its equal, and never seen it bested.
Tip o' the hat to you sir, nicely done. Here's hoping that these become so popular that you have to start selling in grocery outlets and gas station convenience stores!
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

Kamera

#12: Post by Kamera »

I love my Twist. I had some growing pains in the beginning. I had an o-ring go missing that I didn't realize until after about a half pound of coffee and a box of gas charges later I figured out what was wrong and replaced the ring. Unfortunately, my unit is one of those afflicted by the slow leak issue which has been incredibly frustrating, after going through boxes of charges I finally gave up and put it aside. It makes amazing espresso and I have a tremendous amount of fun with it even if it has been a frustrating experience with a lot of wasted coffee and gas charges.

I e-mailed Mypressi in April about an end cap patch that I had read about. Sabah at Mypressi offered to replace the unit for me with the new version which has taken a few months longer than anticipated. I'm still waiting on my replacement but I am not at all unhappy with my experience. Sure it has been frustrating but you guys at Mypressi have stood behind your product, have kept me in the loop about it and have always been super responsive. I can't wait to get a fixed model and really play around with it without having to make 4 doubles every time I use it to keep from wasting cartridges.

A company that stands behind their products and has good communication with their customers is a company I support. It is why I have bought multiple grinders from Baratza and why I haven't been unhappy with Mypressi despite the problems.

lubes17319

#13: Post by lubes17319 »

Another owner of the original version Twist here, experiencing the dreaded NO2 leakdown.
Within minutes of contacting MyPressi, I had word that my new unit will be heading my way ASAP.
Commendable customer service!

Can't wait till it arrives! (especially since we now have no proper caffeine-intake system in the house)

CRCasey

#14: Post by CRCasey »

I am on the road with My MyPressi right now. It is a great road worthy espresso maker. And I have had a Great service experience with little issues like initial gas leaks with the parts they have supplied me with for FREE.

I am not clear is there an update in the handle and internal valve setup itself or just to the dome?

My hat is off to you guys for support. If I can trade my V1 for a V2 and someone can get some use out of it beyond what I have I am good for a update.

-Cecil
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244

yakster
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by yakster »

I'm loving my Twist at home and at work, but I haven't taken it on the road yet. I have the V1, but haven't noticed any problems so far.

I'd be interested in seeing pictures of road kits people have put together, maybe on another thread. I've got the Kyocera hand grinder that'll work good at work or on the road and do plan on twisting while camping.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Spitz.me

#16: Post by Spitz.me »

The customer support is great... however to us 'internationals' we HAVE TO PAY to have our unit replaced and quite frankly it's not cheap. Shipping, taxes and duties are charged to me, making this product much more expensive than the initial price ticket. It's going to be about another 70 bucks or so just to have it replaced and all they could do was tell me that they MAKE US PAY because they don't ask for the defective unit back...so I pay them to throw out or use it as a paper weight... GREAT...

I bit the bullet, but it doesn't mean I'm happy and I will not be an early adopter for a product like this in the future, especially if it's not a Canadian product.
LMWDP #670

HB
Admin

#17: Post by HB »

Spitz.me wrote:It's going to be about another 70 bucks or so just to have it replaced and all they could do was tell me that they MAKE US PAY because they don't ask for the defective unit back...
What problems are you having with your original version TWIST?
Dan Kehn

Spitz.me

#18: Post by Spitz.me »

I had a leaky Twist that never fixed properly with padding, and I didn't like the fact that I needed padding because of a slow leak. I guess I kinda have 2 functional at this point, but will I ever use the other? Probably not...

FWIW, my complaint still stands, but Mypressi did ship a milk frother with the replacement unit which SEEMS like a nice gesture for the extra money I had to pay. I did appreciate that little surprise.
LMWDP #670

ohofmann

#19: Post by ohofmann »

Got the updated unit yesterday, as promised, and tried a few shots. Things I noticed:

* the cap now has a security mechanism that prevents it from going flying when opened too early. Makes it a bit more difficult to open/close quickly, but probably a good idea nonetheless
* the shot counter is a nice addition, though I doubt it will see much use here -- mostly because I take the unit apart for cleanup and drying

What seems to have changed significantly is the pressure system. Previously it was possible to empty a canister rather quickly when pulling the trigger on an open Twist. Now it results in a very steady, consistent stream of air -- almost like there's no ramp up of pressure followed by a falloff anymore. Might have been a fault with my original unit, but the shots have improved dramatically, and that's even without properly dialing in anything.

Cannot comment on any leakage yet, I've just inserted a new canister and will wait for two days to see what happens.

Spitz.me

#20: Post by Spitz.me »

I should really try mine out... I wasn't going to, but mista 'mann is right about making sure this isn't plagued by the same leakage issue.
LMWDP #670